27 - Butterflies

We stripped out of the parts of the costumes that survived the night and got in our pyjamas.

Taylor and I took longer than the boys because we also decided to wash our faces of the heavy makeup we had on. Taylor finished first and ran downstairs to join the boys while I brushed out my hair, throwing it into a messy ponytail.

I blinked at myself in the mirror.

Would I kiss Eli tonight? Tonight had seemed so perfect before, but as the night grew on, I was wondering if it would ever happen for us. All of these seemingly perfect moments tended to pass us by continuously.

I walked downstairs, putting on a happy face.

I could tell that Kyle had gotten into some candy again. Either that or he was drunker than the rest of us. He was jumping on the couch, screaming at Jones, who was shaking his head vigorously. Brodie caught my eye, and I widened mine. What in the world did I miss?

He smirked and pointed towards the large TV, where Eli was setting up the newest paranormal horror movie that was going to scare us and terrify Jones into never sleeping again. Giggling, I saw down at the other end of the couch, leaving some room for Eli to sit on the very end.

"So, Troy Bolton, it looked like you and your girl were having fun."

Brodie gave me a dreamy look as he recounted their romantic kiss in the garden, "just like Troy and Gabriella." I smiled along to his story, but I was stuck between wanting to say that they don't kiss on the roof garden in the first movie and that I was jealous that he got that kind of moment with Kelsey, and I still had not even had one kiss with Eli.

Brodie continued, but I stopped paying attention when I caught the eye of Eli, who was staring at us with a slight smile on his face.

The lights dimmed in the room, and Jones screeched at the end of the couch, which abruptly shut up Brodie and made us all turn towards him.

"No, no, no, no," he was saying.

Kyle and Taylor were holding him in place.

"Come on, Jones, be a man," said Kyle between laughs.

"I don't care if I am not a man, that movie looks terrifying," Jones looked terrified too. I felt a bit bad for him; maybe we should watch something else.

"Come on, Jones, I'll keep you safe," said Taylor, smiling at him.

He stopped trying to get away. I smirked, Taylor had him eating out of her hand. Jones sighed and pouted, "fine," he grumbled, pulling Taylor onto his lap and hiding his head into her long thick hair.

Eli sat down next to me, chuckling and started the movie, pulling me to his side. I squeaked but happily laid my head on Eli's shoulder as the film began.

I didn't stay that way for long, though, because the movie was scarier than I thought it was going to be.

I don't think Jones watched a minute of it; however, he still screamed every time any of us did. This caused a lot of laughing from Taylor and Owen, who were the only two not at all afraid of the movie.

Kyle screamed a bit too, but he did spend most of the time making fun of the rest of us with Owen. I don't know if Brodie was bored, tired or scared, but he ended up going upstairs to bed about halfway through the movie.

Even though I liked horror movies, this one was scarier than most, and I ended up digging my face into Eli's chest during the worst parts. He found this all kinds of amusing as he stroked my back anytime I clung to him and let out a deep chuckle.