26 - Halloween Candy

I felt giddy. Today was the day that I would finally do it, no matter what. It was my favourite holiday, I was feeling a bit back to normal, and nothing was going to go wrong at this party tonight. If I just willed that into existence, it would have to be true.

I was going to kiss Eli, and we were going to become something officially.

Even if I had thrown out my list, I didn't need it. This was no longer because of some dumb list; this was about showing Eli how I really feel.

"You're a bit excited this morning," said my mom as she grabbed her extra pair of scrubs.

"She's always excited on Halloween," my dad shouted from the kitchen where he was currently making breakfast.

My mom kissed the side of my head and shot out the door. She was always running to get to her shift in time.

A big plate of pancakes was placed in front of me. They smelled delicious.

"Are you on your way out too?" I asked my dad. Of course, there had been Halloween's that we haven't spent time together, with mom being a nurse and all, but I had always had Carla's family.

"Yes, actually, why don't you come with me for a bit? We are handing out candy at the store starting at 11! I guess the strip mall does an event for the kids in the area."

That sounded like a great way to spend my day. Then I would at least get to spend it with someone. Since we had gotten a bit distracted last night, Eli and Brodie needed to spend the morning setting up the rest of the house. Taylor and Owen were also busy because they had an event with the daycare that worked on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I could have gone to help Eli, but I have a feeling I would be just a bit of a distraction for them and either way, this sounded like much more fun.

"I'll get my costume!" I said, stuffing my face with pancakes before rushing upstairs to put something together.

My dad was the same thing every year, an inventor. So maybe I would stick with the theme and be the inventor's daughter. Or in the case of clarity, Belle from Beauty and The Beast.

I did have a dress that worked as her village outfit, and with my massive clothing collection, I also had a fair amount of wigs.

My phone buzzed with a message from my dad.

Thirty Minutes

I grinned at myself in the mirror. I could do this in thirty minutes.

The makeup and the wig took me twenty-five minutes, but to get the costume on, it only took three minutes. I was down the stairs with one minute to save.

"Oh, Betty, I love it!" Said my dad, who looked charming as ever in his Maurice costume.

I was glad that the kids at his store did too, though I was a lot less helpful with handing out candy since we had essentially set up a photo station for the children to get a photo with the princess.

Of course, my dad was raving about the photos and the business that having a princess brought into his store, and I was happy to do it. Even though I had a different princess fantasy planned for tonight (one that included a handsome prince), it was nice to live out.

After packing up, we left the store to my dad's manager and headed home so I could go to Taylor's and start getting ready for the party.

---

I walked into the twin's house at 5 PM and was greeted by the smell of homemade soup and Owen, standing in the kitchen with a trident.

"Fish stew?"