𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 XII

He informed me about the ranks that werewolf are supposed to be born with or gained by some extremly hard work--

His was the highest; an alpha. The ruler of the pack but because of the hard circumstances Jungkook went through, currently the leader is his brother instead.

Mine was a luna; his mate and the second ruler. Apparently if he was out to travel or such, I would be the one in charge with the help of my two subordinates; the beta Namjoon's mate and the delta Jin's mates, Leila and Linda. Two sisters coming from a faraway pack.

"There is something that is bothering me about this mate matter. Shouldn't it be called an obligation instead? I mean, how can you turn your back on all of your life and family only to go live with someone you have just met?"

"That is not an obligation at all. It more like destiny. Humans also have a one true love, a specific person they are drawn to in a strange yet beautiful way... As the connection develops they experience deep love, so strong that they doubt having falling truly in love with anyone prior. The way we deal with it is just a little different.
We, after the age of eighteen start looking for our one and only partner; we stay loyal to them even before we get to meet them. Afer we recognise them we can be either impatient to be together and mark each other right away like Jin hyung did or, be patient and get to know each other more like Namjoon hyung. Me and you are taking the second option, being patient."

"Mark?" I asked, a little confused.

"Yes, it is a way to show our love and bound for life, like a wedding ring but instead of a material object given, we use... bite marks." He said it with hesitation clear in his voice. Knowing her too well already he figured she would panic.

A little smirk appeared on his face proud of himself for being right.

"D-do you mean you will bite me?!" She asked putting her arms around her body as a way of defense.

"Euheuh and you will bite me as well." Jungkook confirmed looking calm and relaxed.

"Nobody is biting nobody! J-just figure something else... Is there?"

"As much as I know of this is the only way."

"Will it hurt much?" I squinted my eyes, not fan of the whole bite me, bite you thing.

"It is just a small, harmless bite but I can't really confirm how it will feel, I have never tried it. I have heard however that it is pleasurable. You don't have to worry about that since I am not intending to make you mine yet."

"W-why?" She forgot all about the anxiety she was feeling a second ago hearing his announcement.

Waiting for a response, she only earned herself a shrug from him. Instead of answering her question he asked back, "Can I ask you about something you said in the room?"

Blinking as her mind couldn't process she answered, "Y-yes? I guess."

"Kookie, you said... I must be special in some kind of a way if you gave me a nickname right? When did you exactly start calling me that?"

"Me? I think you misheard, I have never called you that ah ha ha... Is it hot in here or what? Yep It is hot in here. I will go grab a drink real quick."

She got up running to the kitchen to avoid answering him which was quite obvious by now.

    ● IN THE KITCHEN ●

I opened the fridge and took out a water bottle to drink. I actually didn't lie, I was really thirsty.