𝟏𝟗.

Two years ago...

Derry, Maine | Sat 4:30 PM
Will Byers

It was a different life back then, when Will didn't have to worry about being anything but himself. There were still bullies of course but all of them had the same overused insults and if they tried to touch him, he'd have 7 other kids by his side, so he wasn't scared. Lonnie was in Hawkins, far away from him. So when Joyce and Lonnie got back together and they had to move back to Indiana, Will was devastated.

Before he left, Joyce gave him the chance to spend one last day with his friends. The losers had adopted him into the club when he moved, since he was already close with one of the members, which was Mike. Mike had been his pen pal for over a year at that point, and he wanted to make sure Will felt welcomed in Derry so he got his friends to help.

The first loser club member Will met was Bill Denbrough, the leader of the group. Bill was usually the one who would stick up for Will against their bully, Henry Bowers. Even though his stutter made it hard for Will to understand him sometimes, whenever he had something to say, he listened.

Next was Richie Tozier, who was super nice to him when they first met. Will admired his class clown persona and thought that he was absolutely hilarious, and couldn't help but laugh at his myriad of 'Your Mom' jokes. He also thought Richie was pretty handsome, but backed off as soon as he met the next member in the group, who Rich noticeably had the hots for named...

Eddie Kaspbrak. Eddie and Will's relationship was much like Will's relationship with Holly. They were around each other a lot, but still never warmed up to each other. Will thought that he and Eddie would get along well based off what Mike had said about him, but when they met, the germaphobe was somewhat cold to Will.

The next person Will met was the beautiful Beverly Marsh, who ended up being a second mother to Will. After Will was done swooning over Richie, his gaze was directed in her direction. His first—and only—girl crush. Too bad she was already dating someone who Will had a connection with, otherwise, he would've stolen her heart.

Stan Uris was by far the most interesting person out of the group to Will. He didn't talk too much, but that's what made him all the more intriguing. He was prestige in the way he'd organize or clean, his perfectionist ways shining through. Will enjoyed going bird-watching with Stan and saw it as a peaceful experience that gave him a break from everything else happening in the world. They had the strongest platonic relationship, even though neither were interested in women much.

The last person who Will met had been new to the group at one point too. Ben was an absolute sweetheart and Will could understand why Bev adored him so much. Other than Mike, Ben had always been a good person for Will to talk to when he would start spiraling. Something about his bubbly personality calmed Will down.

The day started as normal, Will woke up, got dressed, and rode his bike to the Denbrough house, where the loser club usually met up. Today he didn't even eat breakfast, not wanting to waste any time he had left. When he got there, Bill was already outside waiting for him.

"G-Good M-Morning." Bill said. Will dropped his bike and laid it on the concrete before greeting his friend with a hug. As soon as they let go of each other, another loser arrived.

"Hey what's up you guys!" Richie said excitedly. He'd always been the most eager to see his friends since he didn't get much human interaction at home.