𝟏𝟕.𝟓.

Hawkins High | Friday 6:32 PM
Lucas Sinclair
(Interlude)

Mike Wheeler. A friend to Lucas since the third grade, which is the longest he's ever been able to hold down a relationship. Not even his parents wanted him. At least his adoptive mother and father had good jobs and were able to afford a decently sized house and his football tuition.

After practice, the guys all went into the locker room to get in a shower. No one had any shame in there, and some guys would just walk around naked. Lucas hated it. He tried to just focus on getting the things out his locker, but when he turned to look at his best friend, he saw him sneakily checking the guys out. Lucas has excused many things Mike has done lately such as staring at guys way to long, making gay jokes about himself, and hanging out with Will all the time, but this...this was too much.

Lucas slammed his locker to knock Mike out of his 'Jock Trance', startling him slightly. "Where you been? I feel like we barely hang out anymore."

While continuing to stuff clothes into his bag, Mike said, "I've been hanging out with Will."

Lucas did not like that answer, he felt like he was loosing Mike to this kid he just met. Lucas had nothing against Will or the gays personally, but he tried to guilt trip Mike by saying, "That homo? You got a crush on him or something Michael?" which came out worse than it sounded in his head. Lucas wasn't jealous. He could be clingy at times, but that was just because he wants the people in his life to not leave him, and what's the harm in that?

"He isn't even gay! You gotta stop listening to Troy. He's probably the homo." Mike said, getting a little defensive and walking away.

Damn. Lucas thought. Why did I say that?

Lucas would run after him, but maybe space was what he needed. Plus, he was tired and ready to go home. He walked out of the locker room and turned the corner to see Max and El...

...talking by El's locker. "Hey babe!" Lucas said with fake happiness. He desperately wanted her to cheat on him so he would have a good reason to break up with her. He just wasn't into her like he used to be or anyone for that matter, which was really confusing for him. If he didn't like girls and he didn't like boys, what did he like?

"Oh Hey, you scared me." Max said while turning around to hug her boyfriend, in front of El's face. Lucas noticed El roll her eyes at the sight of them together, which he thought was odd but not the craziest thing he's seen today.

Once Lucas got outside, he put on his coat and tried to pull down his shorts as far as they would go, so that some of his leg would be covered from the cold fall breeze. He knew it would be freezing by the time Halloween (which was in a week) rolled around and made a mental note to pack some longer pants. He continued to ride until he got to his humble abode, which was down the street from the Wheeler's.

To be continued...

I couldn't say thank you enough for all the support on my book! If you have made it this far, congratulations! You're halfway through the book!
— Vaeh Joi

[7/6/20 | 587 words]