𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏)

The Byers Residence | Fri 6:11 PM
Will Byers

⚠️Graphic Domestic Violence⚠️

He was wrong. He was angry and wrong. The night of Will and Mike's fight, he thought he had used up all of his pages, but there was one singular page left in the very back of his book. Since this was the last page and Will was in a good place at the moment, he knew there was one last thing to write: a farewell to the Man Journal. He no longer needed it, he had Mike and a new sense of purpose. Although, he did have something he could write about.

Will was no stranger to getting messed with by mouth breathers, but what they went through earlier was pretty intense, even for him. At least it was over and they were both safe at home, or in Will's case, as safe as you can be with a belligerent drunk in the house. Will already saw how he was drinking especially hard today, and was too afraid to ask what was wrong. He went straight to his room and was now sitting on his bed, getting ready to write.

To get himself more in the mood, he also turned on his favorite song. Will bumped his head to the music while letting his hand form the words that would be his last in this book. Will had gotten so deep into the writing that he hadn't noticed when Lonnie was calling his name to bring him another beer, although the kitchen was closer to him than to Will. The man stood up from the couch, stumbling a little bit over the beer bottles and cans. He could've just walked to get another drink at this point, but he felt disrespected and Will needed to be put in his place.

When he got in front of Will's bedroom door and heard the same song Will played over and over, it angered him more. Why couldn't he have better taste in music? Jesus. Instead of knocking or just coming in, he kicked open the door and startled Will out of his seat. Will quickly turned down the music and shut his journal before turning to face his father.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Did you not hear me calling you boy!?" Will shook his head. Lonnie was getting ready to leave him alone and walk away, but before he left he looked down at the notebook in his hand. "What're you writing?"

"U-Um nothing."

Will was very unconvincing. Lonnie snatched the book out of his son's hand and flipped to a random page, pausing to read the entire thing. Will watched in horror at the array of expressions his father displayed, one of anger, one of disgust, and most prominent, one of...sadness? He couldn't tell what his father was reading at this point but hoped he was reading about himself so that he could know just how much he hurts him.

He flipped through a couple pages before saying, "Who the fuck is Mike and why do you write all this gay shit about him? The fuck is wrong with you? That shits creepy he's obviously normal so leave him alone!"

"Dad...he's my boyfriend."

Slam! went the notebook on the ground when Lonnie threw it. His anger was fueled by disappointment, how drunk he was, and most of all...jealousy. He went to go abuse his son, starting by walking closer and swinging his fist towards him. It was an action he did often, usually when he was tipsy. Since Lonnie was more dazed than usual, he completely missed his son, almost tumbling to the ground.

After dodging his father's attack, Will quickly ran across the hall and locked himself in the bathroom. Lonnie always hated when Will would do this, it prevented him from getting the punishment he needed. Tonight, he wasn't about to give up so easily. His entire day at work he had felt powerless, like he was nothing. It took him back to how he felt as a boy, living with his abusive, homophobic father who taught him how a man was supposed to act. His father did so well with him and he felt like he was letting him down by not reinforcing the same thing into his sons. It was too late for Jonathan, but Will still had a chance to be normal. That's all he wanted, normal children.