𝟐𝟗.

Hawkins High | Thur 3:08 PM
Mike Wheeler

Today Mike had football practice, but instead of heading straight to the field, he decided to make a detour to the gym. The guilt was seriously taking a toll on him and he knew he needed to mend things with El sooner or later. Although he was being the bigger person and apologizing, his reasons for doing so we're still selfish. He needed her as his girlfriend to lower people's suspicions and he hated when people were mad at him, unless he was equally as mad. It was basically just a way for him to feel better about himself without actually doing anything different.

So once he got to the gym entrance, he took a breath before pushing the doors open and running inside, thankfully before the girls started cheering. It was important that he did this in front of everyone because he knew people would talk and he needed everyone to talk about this instead of the picture.

El stood in the middle of the girls, talking and stretching until she saw Mike jogging towards her. She crossed her arms and said, "This is a private practice Mike. You can't be in here."

"Yeah, I know. I just really needed to apologize." He said while grabbing her hands. "I've been a jerk lately and you don't deserve that."

She stared at him for a second before saying, "You have. Just because you admit it doesn't mean I should forgive you."

"Won't you?" He pleaded while dropping to his knees, gaining the attention of some of the cheerleaders.

"Mike get up." El said. She felt a little embarrassed by how dramatic he was being, but this was his personality and she was used to it. El just wasn't comfortable with the fact that all of the cheerleaders were watching them and could feel their eyes.

"What? You want me to serenade you?"

"Mike please don't—"

"Darling you've got to let me know, should I stay or should I go!" He began singing, earning giggles from the crowd.

As much as she tried to fight it, El couldn't help but smile and laugh at the boy's attempt at harmonizing. She was mostly surprised that he'd even know the song, it didn't seem like something he'd listen to.

"Fine! I forgive you!" She finally said while pulling him up off the ground.

Everyone clapped around them and Mike did a bow before giving El a quick kiss on the cheek and running out of the gym. The girls huddled closer around El and told her how cute she and Mike are and how they wish they had boyfriends who'd do the same. El knew most of them were talking about her behind her back, so she felt bitter about accepting their compliments, but did so nonetheless.

As soon as Heather walked back in from going to the bathroom, everyone separated and continued stretching once again. El and Heather still weren't on speaking terms since their almost kiss so their interactions would mostly consist of awkward stares. El felt bad for rejecting her, but it was just too soon for her to be getting into another relationship, she was just starting to get over Max. So instead of looking at Heather, she focused her attention on the girls behind her who were loudly talking about Mike.

"Ya know, he looks like his name should be like finn or something." One of them said.

"Why? Isn't that like Irish?"