𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏)

The Wheeler's Residence | Wed 6:11 AM
Mike Wheeler

Mike had woken up earlier than usual that morning. He went to sleep mad at his family because of their ignorance of him and ended up popping a vein, flooding him with memories of everything that bothered him in his life. One memory in particular kept constantly replaying in his mind, to the point where he didn't sleep much that night.

His now girlfriend, El had interrupted what could've been his first kiss, and the fact that he still hadn't had it yet and didn't sit right with him. How was he deemed the "Hottest guy in the grade" but still a kissing virgin? He thought about it some more and concluded that the reason for his lateness was due to him not getting in relationships often, and when he did they didn't last very long. Another reason could be because he hadn't found anyone he really wanted to kiss until recently, and he still wasn't sure what his sexuality was.

When Mike eventually got tired of staring at the ceiling, he started to get ready for school. He started by opening his window and looking outside to the dark sky above. Soft blue light hit his pale skin and darkened the freckles dusted across his cheeks. To an onlooker it might've been a beautiful sight, but Mike always thought of himself as below average. His self esteem was never the highest, even with the constant compliments and gratification he received.

He combed through his hair with his hand and took a steamy shower to try and energize himself, exerting most of his energy the night before. He felt at peace for a moment as the streams of warm water grazed his skin, but then he started to get lost in his thoughts again. How was he even going to function in school today? He barely got 2 hours of sleep.

Mike shook his worries away and focused on the positives that made the negatives seem minuscule in comparison. Since he'd been reliving the dance in his mind, there was one promise he made to Will that night that he had delivered on. He finally got a bike and could now ride with him to school.

He found the vehicle while digging through the crawl space that lied underneath the basement stairs. It was used by his father way back when and was a little rusty, but after he repainted it with a coat of turquoise, it looked as good as new. He thought about the smaller boy's reaction as excitement coursed through his veins, causing him smiled for the first time since he got home. The way Will could instantly put a pep in his step was one of the many reasons he adored the boy so much.

Mike completed his morning routine by brushing his teeth and moisturizing his face for the first time all week. He thought it was a bit extra of him for rubbing 6 different products on his face, but clear skin was a factor in his 'impeccable' looks.

When he was finished, the sun began to rise and he could hear his father walking around outside his door. Mike wasn't exactly sure what he was going to say to his parents, but unlike Will, Mike was one to just go with the flow and not overthink things as much. Mike put on some sneakers and then left his bedroom, going straight downstairs to eat breakfast.

Karen was in the kitchen standing by the coffee maker, waiting for the caffeine to brew and Holly was sitting at the table chewing on some cereal. Mike could feel the bags under his eyes get heavier and went to go get a coffee mug, but was interrupted by his mother eyeing him. He stopped what he was doing and turned to look at her, expecting her to apologize and fix things, but instead she pettily said, "So are you gonna be nice today Michael?"

It took everything he had in him not to put hands on her. "Mother, I do not wish to argue with you today." He said with a raspiness in his voice. He grabbed a coffee mug while Karen continued to speak.