𝟐𝟑.𝟓.

7 months ago...

The Mayfield Residence | Sat 8:37 PM
Maxine Mayfield
(Interlude)

It was the beginning of summer, and the girls had decided to have a sleepover to celebrate completing their freshman year. They were in El's bedroom, reading magazines and playing cliché sleepover games. Max had been secretly admiring her friend all night, thinking nothing of it at first. But then, El began enticing her with her smirks and lingering touches. Her jokes seemed much funnier than they actually were and Max couldn't help but wonder why she was feeling this way. She acted all flustered and nervous, like she did around her new boyfriend, Lucas.

Everything she's feeling is just platonic, right?

"Who's cuter, Mike or—"

"Who's Mike?" El asked, never hearing that name before.

"That new guy. He came in like the middle of second semester."

The girls at Hawkins High all had a crush on Mike. He was the new kid and fairly attractive. Max and El were the only girls in their grade who didn't care about trying to sit with him at lunch or trying to get his number. They were too busy being each other's best friend, even if the pair wish they were more.

El thought for a second and then said, "Oh. Him or who?"

"Mike or Troy?"

El didn't really think either were cute. She barely knew Mike's name and Troy was a bully, so she didn't know who to choose. She felt like she had to at least choose one to seem "normal" but then again, why should she lie to Max? El knew she didn't like boys so what was the point of pretending anymore?

"Neither. I don't like guys."

Max's jaw dropped and she couldn't believe what she was hearing."So you're into girls?" Max asked, her heart fluttering slightly.

"Yeah, is that a problem?" El said confidently while lifting an eyebrow.

"N-No! It's just..."

Max stared at El one last time before leaning in and kissing her softly, not wanting to go in too aggressive and freak her out. As they kissed, everything seemed to be clearer...and more complicated. She had just gotten a boyfriend and already cheated on him, with a girl nonetheless.

The kiss began to get heavier and rougher, their mouths practically mashing together at this point. Max got up and carried El over to her bed, still not breaking the kiss. She laid her down and got on top, hovering above the rest of El's body.  El squeezed her behind, causing to Max yelp and moan at the same time. Max was holding herself up by her arms, and when she heard Hopper knock on the door, she threw herself off of El and onto the floor. El sat up and giggled at Max while standing up to help her. She answered the door and her father was standing outside of it with a pizza box in his hands.

"Just wanted to say the food was here." Hopper said, being happy that his daughter finally had a friend to spend time with.

El smiled, took the box, and closed the door. She immediately put it on the dresser and turned back around to go eat her real food.

To be continued...

When you can sum Elmax up in 500 words but for Byler it takes 40 chapters
— Vaeh Joi

[8/14/20 | 565 words]