𝟐𝟔.

Hawkins High | Mon 12:30 PM
Troy Walsh

Troy hated people, they would change up quicker than the weather. Sometimes they'd sit with him to confirm rumors, other times they outcast him and talk about him behind his back. Today was one of those days where he was alone, which was how he preferred. His classmates gave him thoughts, malicious ones that scared him more than his sexuality.

He pushed them back inside and ate quietly in the back of the cafeteria. Noisy chatter filled the space and could be heard all the way from the front office. Everyone was still settling into school after being gone for a week due to thanksgiving break, and many people discussed what they did in the short period of time. Troy spent it with his father mostly and spent it thinking, which he'd been doing a lot lately.

He sat facing the window and watched the snowflakes trickle down from the sky while chewing on his tuna fish sandwich. Winter had just began to plague the town and soon Troy's mother would come to visit him for the holidays. He was not looking forward to it.

His view was soon interrupted by someone sitting down in front of him, who's face looked somewhat familiar. "Hey, remember me?" said the guy while waving at Troy.

"I do not recall." He said while opening a water bottle and taking a sip of the liquid.

"Really? You don't remember a face as handsome as mine?"

Troy didn't like his demeanor, he was radiating with arrogance. He rolled his eyes and replied, "No."

"So you think I'm handsome?" The guy said while resting his chin on his hands and smirking at him.

"That's not what I said—"

"I'm just messing with ya! Hi, I'm Isaiah! The freshman who's ass you threatened to kick. Ya know Troy, you're really hot when your mad. Like I wanted to piss my pants and blush at the same time."

Troy stared in disbelief for a moment before grabbing his tray and standing up, getting ready to walk away from him.

"Wait, hold on! I did need to talk to you about something."

"What!?" He said with irritation.

"I still have those copies, and I will release them if you don't do what I say."

Troy scoffed and said, "Suck my dick."

"Happily, but you have to do something for me first. Sit down."

He obeyed and listened to whatever Isaiah wanted him to do. Troy didn't want to be blackmailed but what choice did he have? If that picture got out not only would he be publicly humiliated, but his dad could see it too. He really didn't want to be homeless this time of year.

"Go on a date with me, just one. Unlike you, I don't randomly kiss the people I like, I want to see if you're worth it."

Isaiah saw Troy's lips began to move and said, "And don't even try to say you aren't gay, Mike would beg to differ."

Troy was silent. Out of everything he could've been blackmailed to do, he was blackmailed to go on a date. As much as he didn't want to, Troy nodded and then left as quickly as he could, not bothering to get any details. Knowing this guy he probably already had a plan to get Troy there.

As Troy was walking out of the cafeteria, he saw Mike's table and noticed how empty it was. Then he noticed all the bruises on his cheeks and his lip. He had an urge to go over there and ask what happened, but knew that Mike probably didn't want to see him any time soon. He hoped that Mike at least talked to Will and that they patched everything up. Troy turned away and left, going to his locker.

***

Before he knew it, the day was over and he was turning the doorknob and walking into his humble abode. Instead of hearing the voice of his father, he heard that of a woman. Troy walked into the living room and as soon as he saw who it was he wanted to turn around and leave. It would've been awkward if he did though, seeing as she saw him as soon as he entered.

"Ant! Oh my lord! You've gotten so tall! Come here mijo!" She said while holding out her arms.

Angela was shorter than him and wore her hair in a high ponytail that flowed down to her mid back. Her face seemed slimmer and her smile wider, partly due to the bright red lipstick she was wearing. As soon as Troy pulled away from the hug, he immediately noticed the huge rock that sat on her petite finger.

She noticed his staring and said, "Yeah, I got engaged."

Troy's eyes widened and he looked over at his father who looked genuinely happy for her.

"To who?" He asked, being extremely shocked.

"His name's Rob Harrington and he also has a son that's a couple years older than you. I can't wait for you to meet him!"

"Wait...you want me to go back to Minneapolis." Troy said with fear in his eyes and memories of Patrick and his other bullies started resurfacing.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about that, you see, your mom has been here for two years now and—" Tom said before bing cut off.

"Two years!?"

Troy was angry with her in the fact that she hasn't talked to him at all in the two years she's been in Hawkins. No birthday cards, no phone calls, no acknowledgment whatsoever. There was no way he was going to willingly meet her new fiancé or his son, the news was all too sudden. They continued to talk it over and Troy had completely forgotten about Isaiah and the date he was supposed to be going on, and when he did remember, it was already too late.

To be continued...

I have mixed feelings about this chapter but I hope you enjoyed it at least
— Vaeh Joi

[6/17/20 | 1016 words]