16 | A Step To Friendship

16

A STEP TO FRIENDSHIP

"No, Jungkook just look at you" Jin was scolding Jungkook across the room at 9 PM, just when everyone had finished eating.

"But Hy-" Jungkook pleaded.

"What is going on here?" Most of us were out of our respective rooms. After this afternoon, Jungkook was basically scolded by everyone and surprisingly by his girlfriend too, who had given him an hour of a lecture about health, where half the information she had got was false. 

"This boy is mad, he has basically drowned himself in work, and now instead of resting tomorrow, he wants to go to the amusement park" All of us looked at Jungkook in disbelief.

"And who are you going to go with?" Namjoon questioned. 

"Taeyeon-" He paused halfway to look at Taehyung, who still isn't willing to talk to him yet, "that is only if V Hyung allows me, Hyung can I take Taeyeon to the amusement park?" Jungkook pleaded like 5 years old, while I was grinning at the name of the amusement park, it had been ages. Little did I Taehyung had seen me grinning.

"Jungkook, no means-" 

"Fine, I'll ask Manager Sejin to book the amusement park" 

"No need, I've reserved the place between 12 and 4" Jungkook smiled widely, without looking at me.

"Okay, listen Jungkook I'm trusting you with Yeonnie, anything happens to her you are dead" I laughed at Taehyung trying to sound angry and serious at the same time.

"Tae, you should've seen your face" I kept laughing finding his face hilarious, "I should've taken a photo" Hearing no other laughter resonating the room, I decided to compose myself but failed miserably it wasn't long before Taehyung wrapped his long arms around my torso.

"You are laughing" He laughed too.

"Okay, guys so since Jungkook and Taeyeon are going to go have some fun tomorrow don't you think we should take a day off-"

"Jin Hyung, nope, we got a comeback to practice for and don't expect Sejin Hyung to let us all go, but I mean we could do something on the weekend" Jimin suggested, "and Jungkook, well we all know he is capable of catching up unlike you" Jimin's squeaky laugh filled the room.

"So it is decided Taeyeon and I are going to the amusement park, I'll ask Yein as well"

Hearing his words, my stomach did some eerie tumbles, "Jung-Jungkook-ssi, that will only happen if you take some rest first, otherwise, I'll find myself dragging you home" I spoke nervously.

"Don't worry, I'll be the one protecting you tomorrow" He melodiously stated.

10 AM 

My sleep had been disrupted by men's voice that seemed as if they were gossiping, trying to turn my position, I couldn't, I was trapped. Flickering my eyes open I saw Jimin cuddling me, smiling I remembered the old times when we used to cuddle, he was probably the only boy who could ever cuddle me to sleep, "Jimin" I spoke in a raspy voice.

"Hmmm" He sounded annoyed.

"Get your lazy ass up" I tried pushing him off only to be faced with an exasperated looking Taehyung, "Jimin get up, Tae will kill you" Still smuggled more into me.

"Park Jimin!" Taehyung yelled beyond annoyed.

"Yah" Jimin's body shook forward while his eyes were unable to open.

"We got to leave for practice and you got some explaining to do" Taehyung pragmatically dragged Jimin of the couch we had slept on after our long of hours of chatter. Smiling at these boys, I realised how much Taehyung had changed, 'maybe it was the best idea to keep the truth hidden', 'maybe the mask I wore really did benefit everyone' I thought as I remember the conversation Jimin and I had.

"Taeyeonie, I think you should tell Tae the truth, he deserves to know, stop hiding yourself behind that mask of yours, I dread to think how much more you have hidden not just from him but also me" He spoke sincerely.

"Jimin, you know that I cannot show him the real me, the broken and torn Taeyeon, you are right he deserves to know but ever thought of how much he will hurt himself" I explained, "You don't know what I went through but Jimin I've hidden another fact from all of you"  

"What is it now?" Jimin commanded.

-

"Namjoon broke Jimin's glasses" Yoongi yelped. 

"My glasses!" Jimin cried, "Hyung, you know I'm basically blind" While Namjoon just shook his shoulder staring at the blunder he had committed.

"Right, enough let's leave before we get late" Yoongi Hyung spoke as everyone except Jungkook stood spectating, "bye Taeyeon, Jungkook's in his room sleeping"

-

Standing awkwardly next to each, we both looked out the window arriving at the theme park, grinning, unknowingly I held Jungkook's hand, "I guess you are excited" He chuckled at my reaction before I realised I still sat there holding his hand, "It's okay, I guess we should get going to not waste time" Stepping out the car, we both made our way to the ticket booth, though Yein couldn't make it, Jungkook seemed happy to spend time with me.

"Good afternoon, sir, we have reserved most of the sites for you, the children's area is still open for public though and there are people who have purchased a VIP ticket so there is a reduced number of people" The young woman informed us, specifically eyeing me, "So you're the lucky girl?" Confused by her words, I was left perplexed.

"No, she's my friend" Jungkook replied for me, before collecting the tickets.

"Sir, that is what most relationships start from" She smiled, while Jungkook took my hand and led us into the theme park.

"So, where do you want to head first" this was awkward, only us were in this huge theme park, with a bare volume of humans.

"The flume ride I guess" I spoke. 

"You sure, we will get wet," He remarked while my dirty mind had returned after a 3 months hiatus, but I nodded. Since there was no queue, we had immediately got onto the ride with 3 other people, smiling widely I looked forward. In matter of seconds, I found myself screaming in happiness. 

"That was fun", frowning the ride had come to an end, "you were right, we're wet, but who cares let's go to the Atlantis" I grabbed his hand again, leading the way to 'the Atlantis'.

"let's make a bet" Jungkook suggested, "Whoever screams the first will..." He smirked thinking on hard on the bet but of course, I beat him to it.

"They will have to listen to the others order for the next month" I suggested, not knowing if this was my doom but I guess this was a step to friendship.

A/N:

So here is where Jungkook's and Taeyeon's relationship starts.

Wondering what will happen to Jungkook's and Yein relationship don't worry, it will surprise you, there is still more to go.

Remember the title 'The Truth Untold' - there are still many things that are hidden from both Jungkook and Taeyeon. 

Hope you enjoyed reading xx

Avi xx

(10/06/20)

TBC