37. A Long Night- 4

"Unadulterated? Or driven by jealousy for someone you do not even know?" he hissed "You were letting external forces pressurise us to take a step which we would regret layer. If I wanted this alone, I wouldn't have been patiently waiting, delicately building your trust and comfort... and you were going to bring it all shattering down tonight."

Draupadi shook her head faintly as his eyes glazed, in a pain and frighteningly calm rage, she had never seen before.

The months following their marriage, she had started seeing him in a new light of genuine admiration, respect and... affection...She loved his simple ways, his maturity and the depth of his soul, the caring person he was, he who had given her a sense of individuality in life.

She took a deep breath, deciding to keep aside all her pride and ego and temper for once.

"Aarya, you are considering only one perspective, your perspective" she said softly "Just glance at my perspective for once, I was all of a sudden scared, confused and even insecure. This place, this position, this relation is still so new to me and then I hear this state of affairs could be disturbed. Some one else could come in between us. I was also feeling guilty—"

Draupadi stopped abruptly. Karna's finger was on her lips. She stared at him, he was now leaning very close in front of her. She could feel the warmth exuding from his strong, broad chest.

"I have heard enough" he whispered, smiling sadly "I am sorry, Panchali, I got carried away in my own ire and ego."

No words were spoken, only the flowers and burning candles sang their own silent song, the song that can only be felt and not heart.

"But, Panchali, did you see who were talking about all this?" he asked.

"No" she answered half-truthfully.

"Aarya" she continued after some time "I too did not consider what you might have felt, that it might hurt you. I am sorry" she said gently "You know I was just so perplexed—"

She just stared at him. He was holding her in a warm, fond gaze, his eye that had held steely anger and disdain a few moments back, now appeared as though they would melt under the affection they were exuding.

And he had been angry with her because she was pressurising herself. Because he did not want her to be under any strain. Unexpectedly she felt more drawn to him than ever before.

"And my fiery queen decided to spring into action, my tigress decided to roar" he replied laughing softly "My tigress was ready to maul the bull amongst men."

Her lips tugged up. He, the mighty warrior of whose ferocity and invincibility, bard sand praises of far and wide; the stern, liberal and forward thinking ruler, worshiped the honest and poor, and feared by the corrupt; was such a soft and gentle soul before her.

"Horse" she said impishly.

"Pardon me?" he said.

"Horse, not bull" she explained.

Her lips twitched as she desperately tried to suppress her laughter watching the look of utter surprise and incredulity on her husband's face before he burst out laughing.

--------------------------

Hello everyone

Another short chapter, but again the lovely DMs made me decide to give out whatever I had drafted. The next part will be out very soon! ❤

Please do let me know what you think so that I can proceed better :)❤