Chapter 19

-------------------> DECLARING WAR WAS EASY

-------------------> DECLARING WAR WAS EASY. Planning and executing it, however, was in a different dimension.

The four of them were dramatically spread out on her bed, looking blankly at the ceiling Lyra had enchanted in her first year to look like stars. Andromeda and Bellatrix were laying down properly on the bed while Lyra and Narcissa laid horizontally across them. All four of them were in deep thought.

"You could flirt with some blokes or get a boyfriend." Narcissa suggested. "Boys already throw themselves at your feet, why not make use of it?"

Lyra scoffed, not deviating her eyes from her namesake on the plafond above. "Boys are dumb, Cissa, but not that dumb. I don't flirt unless I want something and that would be red lights that something is wrong. And I'm not even going to start on how weird it will look if I get a boyfriend two days after Lucius asked Darla to be his girlfriend. It'll look like I'm jealous." 

"You are jealous," Andromeda replied in a dry tone.

"That is not the point," Lyra said, "The point is, that I do not know what the point is and I am getting frustrated by the fact that there might not be a point to what I want to do but that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a point to what I want to do and could somebody tell me why there isn't a point!" She yelled out in frustration, eyes fixed to the constellation of Orion, in hopes that her looking at her father's namesake would impart some much-needed wisdom to her.

"Did you catch any of that?" Bellatrix whispered to Andromeda.

"Not even one point," Andromeda replied, making Bellatrix lightly giggle.

"Don't laugh about my misery." Lyra scowled before her face lit up and she slowly sat down properly, making the other three girls mirror her action with confusion. "Or, maybe that's what we should be doing." 

"Laughing as Lucy dies?" Bellatrix guessed, excited.

"Not yet," Lyra commented offhandedly, a little distracted, "Let's kill him with kindness." 

"I like the first part but I'm not sure I follow you on the second." Bellatrix said with a frown.

The twinkle of amusement returned to Lyra's eyes as she turned to face her cousins. "Why is Lucius Malfoy doing this charade?" 

"To make you jealous," Narcissa answered, her eyebrows frowning, "He's going along with a relationship in order to see whether or not you will be jealous for the purpose of confirming whether or not you reciprocate his very obvious feelings." 

Lyra dimpled. "Yes. Now, what if that doesn't go according to plan?"

"You mean he dies mysteriously before he gets the confirmation?" Bellatrix asked. "I think it's best if we give Uncle Arcturus a three day heads-up before we commit murder, just so there is enough time to get proper alibis and hide the body cleverly."