Chapter 62

----------------------> THE ROYAL SLYTHERIN COURT met every single day during school without fail to conduct their businesses, exchange important information and solidify decisions regarding governing of their house in particular and the magical p...

----------------------> THE ROYAL SLYTHERIN COURT met every single day during school without fail to conduct their businesses, exchange important information and solidify decisions regarding governing of their house in particular and the magical population of Britain in general.

There was no such thing as being absent for its meetings unless there was a wedding, funeral or a health emergency. These meetings also took place every night as soon as all the prefects had returned to their Common Room and lasted until all the topics on their daily agenda had been thoroughly covered. They also occurred at varying lengths, some under two hours and others lasting all the way until the faint rays of the sun could be seen touching on the Black Lake.

While the members of the Court would prefer to have a shorter meeting, they were well aware of how rare those exactly were since there were usually too many things happening and many opinions to be shared regarding each of them.

"Dennis," Lyra called out, making the boy in question hum. "Is anybody staying behind during Yule break?"

Dennis took out the large file he always carried with him. He took his duty as the Silver Espionage extremely seriously, as he should, and in that large file, he carried a multitude of smaller files, each one detailed and holding everything about a person from their allergies to if they sleep with a stuffed doll, and really, any thing, place, document, topic or animal that Lyra had wanted information over in the past.

It was not his job to know everything but it certainly was to be updated over the current affairs regarding the world in general and people in particular. He, along with his Green counterpart, were the ones who knew all the gossip, spread all the rumours (at the orders of the King and Queen, of course), was well aware of every dirty little secret that people struggled to bury and were also the ones to hear about a new piece of news first.

Sometimes, when the Queen asked him to keep an eye out for a specific person or dig out information about a particular object, he didn't ask questions regarding her new-found intrigue on the person, thing or place. Similarly, Lyra -the older sister of his godbrother Regulus- didn't ask him his sources or the authenticity of the information he was providing her. After all, they were Slytherins. If they couldn't trust each other, they had nobody else.

And each week, Dennis would write a summary of everything he and his counterpart had found out over the previous seven days and hand it over to Lyra and Lucius, keeping them updated with the latest news and never leaving them out of tune.

Fishing out the list of names of those who were staying back at Hogwarts during Yule break, Dennis handed it over to Lyra. His counterpart, Alexandra Flint, wordlessly followed his action as she handed over the same list of names to Lucius who took it from her.

Dennis watched as Lyra's eyes skimmed through the list. "So little Lily is staying behind," she mused aloud.

If anybody found her sudden interest in the Gryffindor mudblood odd, they didn't comment on it, knowing fully well how strongly she supported blood purity.