Ch-13'Some stories aren't to be covered

(Episode:Grace Period)[February 4th]

    I walk into the bullpen seeing a conversation between the team.

Ziva:Do you know them McGee?.

Tim:Jim Nelson and I went to FLETC together.I was at his wedding two months ago.

Tony:This better not be another recall drill.I had floor seats for the Wizards this afternoon.

Ziva:It's Agent Cassidy's team out of the Pentagon Tony.

Tim:They were attacked.

Tony,Rosabeth:Is she okay?.

Tim:She survived.

Ziva:Her men weren't as lucky.

Tony:Well what the hell happened?.

Jethro:That's what we're going to find out Dinozzo. Grab your gear."Shouting".Grab your gear!.

*****************************************

    Half way thru the case I walk to the basement to talk with my brother but I see Lieutenant Commander Mann with him.

Mann:Going off to war Gunny?.

Jethro:Are you trying to get rid of me?.

Mann:I haven't decided yet.

Jethro:Well while you're thinking about it why don't we pound down some of that chow?.

Mann:Spoken like a true Marine.I heard what happened.Maybe I can help-

Jethro:You have chopsticks?.

Mann:Anything else?.

Jethro:Soy sauce.

Mann:You're not going to talk about it are you?.

Jethro:Nope.

Mann:Got it.

Jethro:I had a very good time at the batting cage.

Mann:Yeah it was fun.

Jethro:We should do that again sometime.

Mann:Yeah we should.Too bad our schedules are polar opposite.Must be a CID/NCIS thing.

Jethro:Well somebody's got to keep the wolf away from the door.

Mann:That's why I've been thinking.I'm coming up on my twenty year mark next month.

Jethro:Congratulations.

Mann:Yeah.

Jethro:You're right in the zone for full bird Colonel.

Mann:I'm thinking about retiring Jethro.Settling down you know making some time for the people in my life.So what do you think?.

    After hearing that I walk to my bedroom hoping the best for their relationship.The next day the team finishes the case.But the day after we get another one.

*****************************************

2 days later.[February 7th] (Episode:Cover Story)

Tim:Petty Officer Cove joined the Navy three years ago right out of high school.His C.O says he's a little immature but basically a good kid.

Tony:A good kid with a criminal record.Since enlisting he's been arrested twice.Both misdemeanors.Public intox in oh four and a noise ordinance violation last July.

Tim:He works to live and lives to party.It's his C.O's words.

Tony:Guys in his Command call him Darren Diddy Cove.