Living In His Shadow

"Okay, smile!," the camera man said before blinding us all with the flash. No matter how many pictures I was forced to take with my famous rock star brother, I always got blinded by the flash. His manager insisted that we take pictures together for his next billboard appearance so it would seem like he was close with his family. 

Alex and I were twins. We used to do everything together. We went to the movies, we went roller skating, we hung out with the same people, but it all changed when my mom agreed to pay for Alex to get studio time and a manager. After he started having concerts, and commerial filmings, and all kinds of different public appearances, we drifted apart. We barely talk unless he has an occasional free day, or my mom and I have to go with him to a photo shoot. 

He got to graduate a year early, leaving me to be home schooled by myself. He became famous, and I had to quit hanging out with so many people. I wasn't allowed to go to parties, or even go to the movies without wearing a wig. I was slowly starting to hate being Alex Hail's sister. 

"Wonderful guys! Let's take a break, I need to change lenses," the camera man said walking over to a table set up behind him. I took a drink of my water, and wirled around to go back to the photo area. 

Suddenly I was face to face with a tall, dark haired guy that could easily be mistaken for prince charming. 

"Hey, I'm Justin Grey," he said holding out him hand. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Amanda Hail," I replied shaking his hand. I smiled up at him and realized that he was probably the hottest guy I'd ever seen. Justin Grey.

"Oh, so you're Alex's sister?," he asked.

"Yeah, I'm just here for a photo shoot with him," I replied. 

"Well, maybe you could text me sometime," he said handing me a small piece of paper with a number on it. 

I smiled. "Yeah, totally," I said excitedly. Did he actually like me?

I put the small torn paper in my pocket and walked back over to where the camera was at. I was ready to go home. 

"Hey sis," Alex said smiling at me. 

"What do you want," I said.

"We have to take about twenty more pictures, and then you can go home, and lock yourself in your room again," he replied.

"I don't lock myself in my room, jerk," I said walking over towards my mom. He got on my nerves so bad lately.

"I'm ready guys," the camera man said putting his camera on a tripod.

The three of us sat down on a small couch and wrapped our arms around each other and smiled brightly for the camera. Then we all stood up and me and Alex kissed our mom on the check. We did a lot more stupid poses, and the camera man said we could leave.

Once we were in the back of the limo, I pulled out my phone, and texted Justin.

"Hey, it's Amanda (:"

I waited for him to text me back, but he didn't. He was probably busy with a photoshoot or something since he was there. 

"What do you guys want for dinner," mom asked when we went through the front door. 

"Pizza," Alex and I said in unison. We may have drifted apart during the past two years but somethings just wouldn't change. Pizza had always been our favorite thing foor dinner. 

"Alright, I'll call Tony's Pizza," mom replied causing Alex and I to grin at each other again. Tony's was always the best place to order pizza, because it tasted so good, and they delivered super quick. 

"Thanks," I said quickly before running up the stairs to my bedroom. I changed out of the short, cute dress I had been wearing for the photo shoot. I put on a pair of aeropostale sweat pants and an Alex Hale t-shirt and made my way downstairs. Alex was already changed and laying on one of the couches in our game room. 

I plopped down on the other couch and asked what we were going to watch.

"How about The Parent Trap," he asked sounding like a little kid again. When we were little we watched it all the time. 

"Sure," I said smiling at him. This is how it should be. The two of us watching our favorite movie  and waiting on our favorite pizza together. We used to do this all the time when we were little.

Ding Dong. I jumped up off the couch and ran towards the door. Pizza Time. I opened the door with the money in my hand, only to find that it wasn't the delivery guy. It was Justin.

"Uhh, hi," I said awkwardly.

"Hey, is Alex here," he asked smiling.

"Yeah, come on in," I said leading him to the game room. Alex was busy putting in the DVD when we walked into the room. I cleared my throat and it was obvious he didn't know I was there.

I spun around and looked surprised to see Justin standing beside me.

"Hey, Justin, what's up?," he said calmly.

Justin smiled and replied, "I came to give you this." He tossed a disc he had been holding towards Alex. Alex looked at it and smiled. 

"Thanks, I've been waiting for this," he said looking in awe at the cd.

"You're welcome, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," he said.

"Yeah, around one," he replied as Justin walked out of the room. I followed after him to make sure he found his way back to the door.

We were a little ways away from the game room when he stopped. "I'm sorry I didn't text you back earlier," he said quickly.

"It's fine," I said honestly, "I just figured you were busy."

He smiled down at me. "Maybe I'll text you when I get home," he said.

"Alright, that sounds good," I said returning the smile. We walked the rest of the way to the door in silence, I didn't really know what to say to him now.

I opened the door for him and was met by pizza man. Justin slid past him after saying goodbye, and I took the pizza in the house. I paid him the money and called for Alex.

The rest if the night went pretty good. I texted Justin a little bit, me and Alex were having fun together, and hopefully we would be able to have more nights like this. 

I know I have to try and keep my secret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: So the first chater isn't all that good or long, but thanks for reading anyways!!

I promise there will be more drama, less confusion, and a whole lot more as I continue to write this storyy. 

Leave me a comment and let me know what you thinkk. Or maybe even guess at what you think her secret is if you think you already know it! (:

&&I dedicated this chapter to DiamondNights for the sweet comment. Thank youu!

~burntindecember<3