Waking Up

-I'm not sure how to do this non-oneshot-book thing. Please lemme know how I did-

Dick's eyes blinked open, the world was blurry and twisting. He ran the previous events back in his brain:

The team had a mission. Roy was there. They got caught. It was Klarion. Shit. They were fighting. M'gann told him to run. He did. Wally said he was coming. Roy jumped in front of them. BOOM.

He groaned, trying to get up. 

"Easy there, kid." A voice rang out. "What's up with the suit?"

Dick sat up quickly, his vision blacked out and his head pounded. He was light headed and felt his dinner rise. He rolled over and puked, barely holding himself off the dirt.

"Tony!"

"Gah shit. Uh, get him off the ground, we'll... we'll get him to the hospital or something."

"What happened to him?"

"I don't know."

Dick's hearing buzzed out, like there was static in his ears. He collapsed, clasping at his consciousness, but it slipped through his fingers, and he faded out of consciousness.

————————————————————————————————————————

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

God that was annoying. It was filling Dick's brain like someone was ringing a bell in his ear. He wanted to run, full speed, into the ocean, except his body hurt too much. His back was stiff and twisted. Harsh white light shon on the outside of his eyelids, blinding him even though his eyes were closed.

"He's waking up." The voice was very close to him.

"He is?" Footsteps.

"He is, slowly. Try not to over exhilarate him."

Dick decided to just bite the bullet and open his eyes. After they'd adjusted, he was something that looked like the ceiling of a hospital or lab. Next to him, he could see two men, they were both about middle age, with greying hair, but completely different demeanours.

He felt queazy, like he might vomit again, but had nothing left in his body. He blinked hard and immediately tried to sit up.

The men reacted to him dramatically. 

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Kid, stay put!"

"Don't try to move too fast, you're recovering from a minor concussion." The one who was closer, the first voice, said. He was wrapped in a lab coat and had reading glasses, except they looked kinda cool.

"So, kid, you're what? ten?  What were you doing half-dead in Central park?"

"Tony, not now." The cool guy next to him sighed.

"It's a worth while question! Kids arrive in the middle of Central park with signs of trauma in lil' hero getups, aren't you worried?"

"It's called tact, the kid's still recovering." Cool guy got up, setting down some device, and heading through the door. "Now that the urgent need is taken care of, I need to check on the other two."

"I'll watch this one." The guy with the dumb facial hair said.

"I'm not leaving you alone with him." Cool guy replied. "I'll send Steve in." He closed the door after him.

"Hey, I can deal with kids!" Dumb-goatee guy turned back to him, approaching. Dick pushed himself up defensively. "So, what's your name?"

"Robin."

"Robin, huh?" Dumb-goatee guy paced closer to him. "Got a last name?"

Dick shook his head. "I'm not supposed to say."

"Why?"

Dick looked at him. This guy must be crazy. He was Robin, the boy wonder, EVERYONE knew him. He glanced nervously at the side of the gurney. HIS MASK!

He snatched up his mask and pressed in against his face, covering his eyes. 

"WHY DID YOU TAKE IT OFF? How many people have seen me like this?" 

"Whoa, chill, kid, only me and Banner."

He looked down. He wasn't in his suit. "Where's my suit? I NEED IT!"

"Suit? You mean you're little halloween costume?" The guy snorted. "We had to confiscate it."

"Confiscate? Who do you think you are?"

Dumb-goatee guy stared at him. "Are you kidding me...?"