First Day of College

The first day of college started like a dream for Saint. His first class was Revenue and Profit Management 101. He was glad that it was an introductory session because he was not even listening to anything. His mind was constantly on Prince Zee. Prince Zee with his bloody nose. Prince Zee when he punched his face. Prince Zee covered in maple syrup. Saint wished that the earth under him would open up and swallow him whole. Everything went wrong from the get-go. Nothing he did is right from then onwards. He tried apologising this morning and THAT also ended in tragedy. Saint was so engrossed in his despair that he didn't even notice that class had ended. A young man about his age studied him as he was lost in his torment.

"Excuse me. Excuse me? Hey... are you okay?" Someone tapped Saint's shoulder.
"Huh? What?" Saint turned to the voice.
"Are you okay? Class is over... why are you still here?"
"Class is over?" Saint looked dazed.
"Yeah... like 5 minutes ago. My name is Poppy." The young man smiled.
"I'm Saint Suppapong. Nice to meet you." Saint introduced himself.
"It's lunch now... would you like to have lunch together?" Poppy suggested.
"That would be nice." Saint answered as he gathered his file and backpack.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Poppy insisted.
"Not really actually... I think... I think... my life is over." Saint claimed.
"What happened?"
"I have hit Prince Zee Pruk Panich III... the Crown Prince of Siam... twice and .. and... this morning... I accidentally spilled maple syrup on him too." Saint confessed to his new friend.
"I think my family and I will be banished from this country." Saint blurted.

    Poppy blinked. Then, he cackled and guffawed until his eyes watered.

"Hey! I might die you know! And you're laughing?" Saint grumbled.
"Ha... ha... ha... I'm sorry... This.. This... is priceless!" Poppy doubled over and continued laughing.
"You have no sympathy for me at all!" Saint stomped away.
"Ha... ha... ha... wait for me... wait!" Poppy chased after Saint.

************************************************************************************

"Let me get this straight... you met the prince a few days ago thinking that he's a thug and you elbowed his nose?" Poppy laughed.
"It's not funny Poppy!" Saint lamented.
"It is funny! I would love to see that!"
"Nobody saw that except the prince and his ... well.... the Royal Secret Service.. mmm... people!" Saint hissed.
"Those guys are scary-looking." Poppy retorted.
"I thought they were bad guys.... and they were chasing some poor defenceless man." Saint's face turned red.
"You didn't know... don't feel too bad!"
"I made the prince bled. His nose was bleeding." Saint cringed.
"Then... he turned out to be YOUR roommate and you punched his face?" Poppy was laughing again until tears ran down his face.
"Stop this! You're not helping. I thought he was going to kill me in my sleep!" Saint ranted.
"I need to tell my mother about this." Poppy said while he laughed.
"Your mother? Why?" Saint asked.
"Let just say...my mother is a HUGEEEEEEEE fan of Prince Zee Pruk Panich III since even before he was born." Poppy grinned.
"I know... some people love the royal family. They even have their own fan clubs." Saint nodded.
"How about you Saint? How do you feel about the royal family?" Poppy inquired.
"I don't know... I don't feel anything actually. I'm just glad we have colleges like this because this is one of the best places to get my degree. Just look around... this is a blessing." Saint explained.
"So... Mr Suppapong... now enlighten me... how did you manage to spill maple syrup on His Royal Highness?" Poppy smirked and laughed out loud again. Saint shook his head and headed to the cafeteria.
"Wait for me!" Poppy yelled.
"Come on Saint... Tell me! Please!!!! So that... I can tell everything to my mother! Have mercy on my mother!!" Poppy begged.
"You are relentless."
"I can be... now... how did you spill maple syrup on your ROYAL roommate?" Poppy pouted.
"I felt bad about hitting him twice... this morning I woke up early and made some waffle and I also brought some maple syrup from home... well.. I had the waffle on one hand and the maple syrup on the other... The prince was watching something on the TV. I was walking towards him when I tripped and the maple syrup flew ..." Saint explained dejectedly.
"Flew?" Poppy questioned.
"Yeah... flew and landed on Prince Zee... I'm going to DIEEEEEEE!!!" Saint yelled and covered his face with his hands.
"You won't die... ha... ha... ha... why didn't you take any pictures of that? I would love to see  them!" Poppy pouted.
"What's wrong with you? Do you how sticky maple syrup is? It was on him and on the sofa and everywhere!" Saint exclaimed.
"You my friend.... is in a very STICKY situation... get it? STICKYYYY... situation." Poppy jested. Saint stared at Poppy in confusion.
"How did you get into this prestigious royal college in the first place? How is it even possible for you to get accepted here?" Saint asked.
"Oh... family connections." Poppy beamed proudly.
"That explains it." Saint shook his head.
"Indeed my friend... Indeed.." Poppy said before both of them entered the cafeteria.