White Noise and Melancholy

"Max." Tul nodded at Max who just entered the dining area. Tul was having coffee at one of many tables in his restaurant.
"Tul." Replied Max.
"Where is Sheikh Muhammad Ali?" Tul asked.
"In one of the kitchens with Saint. Thank you allowing us to use the kitchen." Max stated.
"Not a problem. How have you been?" Tul asked Max as he stared up at the man.
"Good." Max nodded.
"How about you?" Max questioned Tul.
"Great. Got my Michelin star. And now I have the Crown Prince of Thailand here with a Qatarian Prince. I would say... Great." Tul smiled at the stoic Max.
"Congratulations for getting the Michelin Star." Max said.
"Thank you." Tul studied Max.
"Max...." Tul trailed.
"Yes?"
"Did you manage to find whatever you wanted to find when you left me?" Tul questioned him. Max's eyes instantaneously penetrated Tul's.
"Did you?" Tul insisted.
"I did." Max replied.
"Good to know." Tul smiled sadly.
"You do know that you broke my heart and your promise to me." Tul whispered and sipped his coffee.
"I am sorry. Forgive me." Max stated as he stared down at Tul for quite sometime. Tul who was sitting down studied the serious man in front him too.
"It is a few years too late Max." Tul finally murmured.
"I was shocked when I saw you with Prince Zee... I knew you wanted to be in the Royal Secret Service following your brother's footsteps... But being the Crown Prince's right hand man... Just wow Max." Tul commented as Max remained quiet.
"I missed you for the first few months or year actually... You did not even call or say anything Max." Tul fiddled with the coffee mug.
"Was I that horrible of a boyfriend? That you could not even say a proper goodbye to me." Tul whispered.
"I had my reasons." Max answered while Tul nodded.
"You always have reasons for everything Max." Tul smiled bitterly at Max.
"Maybe we were not meant to be." Max stated.
"Sad... Because back then... You meant everything to me Max." Tul replied and stood up.
"Tul..." Max said.
"Have you tried one of my desserts? It's called Melancholy. It is a platter of desserts actually... I created them about 2 years after you left. Maybe you can try them before leaving Chiang Mai." Tul smiled.
"If you excuse me Mr Nattapol." Tul said and turned around.
"Tul.." Max called him.
"Later Max. You had your reasons... While now I have mine." Tul stated as he left Max.
"Tul!" Max yelled but Tul simply walked away with his coffee in his hand.

******************************************************

"When are we going to start?" Sheikh Muhammad Ali questioned Saint excitedly.
"Soon."
"How soon?" The Sheikh insisted.
"Hold on to your camels Ali." Saint smiled.
"It's not every day someone is making or creating a dessert after me." Sheikh Muhammad Ali grinned.
"Why is is called Whit Noise? May I ask?" Prince Zee asked the two.
"Maybe you can explain Saint? You have explained it to me but I only remember... Something... Something... Something... Calm... Something... Something..." Sheikh Muhammad Ali smiled cheekily at Saint.
"You are a Harvard Law graduate... You can't remember what I said about your dessert?" Saint glared at his friend.
"They slipped my mind." Sheikh Muhammad Ali grinned at Saint. Saint reluctantly turned towards Prince Zee who was seemingly patient waiting for his explanation.
"Your Highness... The dessert is called White Noise because Ali... Even though he seems erratic..."
"NOT EROTIC!" The Sheikh declared.
"Ali! Ohhh... Suddenly you remember our conversation?" Saint  scowled at Sheikh Muhammad Ali who was scratching his head and looking around feigning innocence.
"Forgive me Saint... Please continue... Prince Zee, I am not erotic as I wished I was." The Sheikh grinned mischievously while Prince Zee continued to mask his face with indifference.
"As I mentioned Your Highness... Sheikh Muhammad Ali maybe erratic... Boisterous... Extremely opinionated... But he is an extremely good friend who makes me feel calm and less anxious." Saint smiled but fidgeted in the end as Prince Zee stared at him.
"Excuse me Saint?" The Sheikh poked Saint's shoulder.
"Yes Ali?"
"When are we going to start?" He smiled at Saint.
"Let me check if everything is ready." Saint muttered before checking the ingredients and utensils in front of him.

HIS ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS (COMPLETE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें