We Are Going To be Free

"24 hours?" Saint asked Prince Zee.
"Yes." He answered.
"Then you and I will be free?" Saint questioned him again.
"Hopefully." Prince Zee smiled faintly at him but Saint still could believe that they were going to be free.
"You will be fine Saint." The Prince whispered and touched Saint's face. His thumb lingered on Saint's cheek.
"You will be fine too." Saint said to Prince Zee.

    The two of them were sitting on the floor with the bed behind them. They just had dinner. Saint ate more than the day before. Prince Zee was explaining to Saint on what would transpire. Then, they continued to sit on the floor talking to each other.

"I bet our parents are worried sick." Prince Zee said.
"Yeah... I can't imagine how my mother is feeling right now... Or my Dad." Saint replied.
"It must be terrifying for your mother especially when Ohm's men went to your house."
"I wish I could hug my mother right now." Saint murmured.
"You will... Soon." Prince Zee stated as he patted Saint's head.
"Saint... Sleep on the bed tonight. I will end up carrying you back on the bed because you can't stand the cold." The Prince said.
"Okay." Saint replied.
"Good."
"Your Highness... Did you mean it?"
"Huh? Did I what Saint?" Prince Zee tuned towards Saint as he could not understand what Saint was asking.
"Did you mean it when you said you.. when you said... that you loved me." Saint whispered. He was staring at the floor in front of him. His cheeks tinged.
"Loved? No Saint." The Prince answered. Saint's head snapped but he was greeted by the smiling face of Prince Zee.
"Not loved Saint. Love."
"Okay." Saint replied and immediately turned his head. He then continued to stare at the concrete floor in front of him. His ears were bright red.
"I will always love you Saint. Remember that." Prince Zee wrapped his arm around Saints shoulder.

    Saint slowly moved his body towards the Prince and sighed when he put his head on the Prince's shoulder. They stayed like for sometime. Both were preoccupied with whatever they were thinking. Both were thinking about being free. Both were also thinking about the what ifs. Both were thinking about what could be.

"Your Highness..." Saint suddenly murmured.
"Yes Saint?"
"What you did to me... That was dumb Your Highness. It was extremely stupid! You could have just talked to me." Saint declared. He could feel how Prince Zee's body suddenly became rigid. Then, he could feel his body shaking and when he looked up; the Prince was laughing.
"You are absolutely correct Saint."
"I was utterly undeniably dumb as a rock!" Prince Zee smiled at Saint and then the Prince kissed his forehead.
"You were. I always thought you were the smartest personI have ever known... But you weren't." Saint added while smiling.
"With the IQ score that I have... I should have figured out something else." Prince Zee said and sighed while nodding his head.
"I don't know whether I could forgive you though... I'm sorry Your Highness." Saint murmured.
"Don't worry. I wouldn't even forgive myself either Saint." The Prince answered.
"I'm sorry that I am like this." Saint went on.
"I understand Saint. No harm done."

    The two became quiet again. Each was contemplating about their lives. About what could happen to them in the next 24 hours. Prince Zee hand was playing with Saint's hair while Saint's fingers were drawing invisible doodles on the Prince's thigh. Both were lost in their worlds. Both were lost in their thoughts.

"Your Highness?"
"Yeah?"
"Where are Cora and her babies? Did you... Did you give them away?" Saint asked Prince Zee.
"No silly!" The Prince kissed Saint's head.
"I left them at the palace with my family."
"They are at the palace?"
"Yup."
"Wow... They are royalties."
"Yes."
"I miss them so much." Saint whispered.
"More than you miss me?" Prince Zee questioned. Saint did not answer the Prince's question.
"I accept your silence as YES!" Prince Zee teased him.
"No!" Saint answered. Prince Zee's body shook as he laughed.
"I understand if you don't miss me Saint. I was and maybe still is a royal pain in the ass." The Prince shared.
"I thought I was the royal pain in the ass?" Saint  voiced.
"You lost that title when I fell for you." Prince Zee said.
"Shut up!" Saint smacked the Prince's thigh.
"It's the truth." Prince Zee admitted.