I Hate You!

The day of the cooking and the baking competitions had arrived. Early in the morning Prince lent his car for Saint bring all the ingredients he needed for the competition. The Prince had to leave early for his equestrian endurance race located about 100 kilometres from King Dusit Royal University College. The two roommate wished each other good luck before Prince Zee left at around 5 in the morning leaving Saint to get his things ready for the day. Saint was planning to cook a simple dish using fresh prawns he bought the day before. He double checked making sure he had everything he needed before making himself breakfast. Cora the fat Momma cat was as perky as Saint and The Prince that morning as if she was also excited. Before Saint took his shower, he took a selfie with him and Cora and sent it to Prince Zee wishing him all the best and Saint also reminded him to be extra careful.

    When Saint came out from the shower, the Prince had replied his selfie with another selfie of him and his favourite Arabian stallion that he had been training for years named Maximus. It was a magnificent looking horse Saint thought even though he had zero knowledge of horses and equestrian. Saint then got ready and had breakfast while talking to the cat. Before leaving, Saint ready the things he needed for the baking competition as well. Saint was convinced that he had everything he needed and left the house. He started driving when Poppy called him asking whether he could pick him up from his condominium, Saint told his friend that he could as Poppy's condominium was on the way to the hall where the competition would take place. By 9 in the morning, Saint and Poppy were ready at their cooking stations waiting for the competition to start. Saint's cellphone vibrated and he quickly took it out. He smiled when he saw that Prince Zee had sent him a short video of him getting ready to start his race.

"Hey Saint. Is it YOUR boyfriend?" Poppy teased while Saint glared at him.
"My roommate... NOT boyfriend." Saint grumbled.
"I should have recorded your reaction just now... It was a picture perfect priceless moment." Poppy retorted.
"And... THAT was not a roommate smiling." Poppy added.
"Stop fooling around, if not I sabotage your crabs!"
"You won't cause you are my friend and you are too nice!" Poppy smiled.

    They stopped talking when the organisers began explaining about the rules and regulations. Before the competition started, Saint and Poppy shook hands and wished each other luck. Saint and Poppy immediately started cooking their dishes when the competition started. They had about an hour to cook their favourite dishes. There were 4 representatives from the 4 houses in the university. Supporters from all the houses cheered for the representatives while waving their flags with their houses' emblems on them. Saint was wearing light blue as that was the colour of the house of Alpha. 1 hour disappeared in a flash and suddenly they were informed that they had 5 minutes to start plating their dishes. Poppy completed everything before Saint and was smiling happily while watching Saint plated his dishes. The 1 hour ended and the two with the rest of the contestants had to wait for the results.

"Congratulations Poppy!" Saint said to the beaming Poppy as he just walked down from the stage for winning third place in the cooking competition.
"Thanks Saint. Congratulations for getting fourth."
"At least we contributed points to our houses." Saint added and Poppy nodded.
"Your Singapore chilli crab looked scrumptious!" Saint added.
"Hey your butter prawns looked mouth-watering too. I wish I could eat them." Poppy replied.
"What has been bugging you Saint?" Poppy asked as they walked out of the hall.
"Nothing."
"Don't lie to me buddy... I know you." Poppy stated and he could see his friend deflated.
"I'm just worried."
"About the baking competition after this?"
"No... It's about... Just forget it. Let's find something to drink... I'm parched." Saint muttered and dragged Poppy towards a cafe just outside the hall.
"Is that Max?" Saint suddenly said while pointing at Max who was standing outside the hall.
"Hey Max. What are you doing here?" Saint asked.
"Watching you guys cook."
"Want to join us? We're going there." Saint pointed at the cafe on the other side of the road.
"No." Poppy answered instead.
"He's busy." Poppy added.
"Huh?" Saint looked at Poppy then at Max.
"Yes, I am busy." The serious man replied.
"Told you." Poppy said and began dragging Saint way from Max.
"That was not nice Poppy. He's a friend." Saint grumbled.
"No, he is not."
"He is MY friend then." Saint stated.
"He's not." Poppy grumbled.
"What problems do you have with him Poppy?" Saint questioned his friend as they crossed the road.
"Nothing."
"That was not... Nothing Poppy."
"Let's get inside... It's hot. What do you want?" Poppy ignored what Saint was saying and opened the door to the cafe.
"Ice Mocha and a doughnut please. I'll get us a table."