The Royal Engagement

"What the hell are you thinking? What the hell are you doing?" Poppy burst into Prince Zee's reading room looking rather angry.
"Doing work." The Prince replied with his eyes glued on the computer screen.
"Zee! When did you decide to get officially engaged with Prince Achara?" Poppy questioned him.
"Aren't I supposed to be engaged and be married to her?" Prince Zee asked Poppy while turning away from the computer and stared up his younger brother.
"You don't love her." Poppy stated.
"It is my duty to the kingdom and to my country." The Prince answered.
"Zee... You will destroy your life." Poppy's eyes filled with sympathy.
"I am not destroying my life. This is the life that has been planned for me since I was born." Prince Zee responded.
"You love someone ELSE." Poppy stressed.
"And I caused so much pain and damage to him. Now, I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. To be King. To run the kingdom. To serve my people. To protect my people. To..."
"Brother... What will happen to you?" Poppy questioned his brother.
"I will be King." Prince Zee answered while Poppy shook his head showing his annoyance.
"Will you be happy?" Poppy queried.
"I will find my happiness. Don't worry Poppy." Prince Zee tried convincing Poppy.
"I am worried because I am your brother." Poppy shared.
"Thank you... But... I will be alright." The Prince told him. His brother in turn stared at Prince Zee.
"I wish I could help you Zee." Poppy whispered and then he sighed.
"Excuse me... Why are you guys looking so glum?" A female voice brought the attention of the princes towards the door.
"Nick?" Prince Zee smiled at his sister, Princess Kanikka. The princess grinned at her brothers.
"Hey squirt! When did you arrive home?" Poppy walked towards the Princess and hugged her.
"I arrived last night." She smiled and walked hand in hand with Poppy towards Prince Zee who stood up.
"I missed you Nick." Prince Zee hugged his sister tightly.
"I can't breathe!" Prince Kanikka murmured.
"Sorry!" The Prince laughed and let her go.
"I missed you two... too." She said cheekily.
"So... Why were you looking so glum?" She questioned them.
"He's getting engaged to Princess Achara and to be married soon but HE loves someone else." Poppy blurted.
"Shut up!" Prince Zee punched Poppy's shoulder.
"Owwww!!!!" Poppy yelled and rubbed his shoulder.
"Don't hurt my favourite brother." Princess Kanikka hugged Poppy.
"I thought I'm your favourite?" Prince Zee asked his sister.
"You both are my favourite." She smiled and studied her brother.
"Zee... Are you okay?" Princess Kanikka asked her brother.
"I'm alright." Prince Zee said and smiled at his sister. Princess Kanikka studied her brother.
"He's like TOTALLY not alright." Princess Kanikka said as she turned to Poppy.
"I told you." Poppy murmured while Prince Zee scowled at him.
"You can lie to the world but you can't lie to us Big Brother." Princess Kanikka said.
"What do you want me to do? I am the future King. IT IS what I'm supposed to do." Prince Zee answered exasperatedly.
"I can replace you. I can be Queen and rule Thailand with my future husband." Princess Kanikka stated.
"WHAT? What future husband? You have a boyfriend? Why didn't you tell us? Who is he? When did you meet him? Is he a royalty? Where is he now?" Poppy looked annoyed.
"Calm down. I can see steam coming out from your ears." Princess Kanikka giggled.
"I don't have a husband YET. He is not my boyfriend YET but I think I fancy him and he fancies me. Why didn't I tell you? Because you would react like THIS. I met him a few months back. Yes, he is a royalty. He is now back in his country. Have I answered all your questions Poopy?" Princess Kanikka knew that her brother hated the nickname.
"Don't call me that?" Poppy huffed.
"We love that name Poopy." Prince Zee laughed and grinned as he looked at his siblings arguing.
"Nick..." Poppy said.
"What?" Princess Kanikka responded.
"Thanks for coming home... I haven't seen him grin or laugh like that for so long!" Poppy stared at his brother.
"Shut up dumbass!" Prince Zee rolled his eyes.
"Zee... I am maybe 19 but... I am the smartest person you know. I can out-debate the both of you at any given time or Father even. I am currently working on my double degree because I am THAT smart! You know I can be a kick-ass queen." Princess Kanikka declared.
"You are a kick-ass Princess." Prince Zee said.
"QUEEN!! Not Princess." Princess Kanikka looked irritated at her brother's response.
"Thank you Nick... But... This is my burden to bear." Prince Zee smiled and kissed her forehead.
"Men are sooooo DUMB sometimes. I am giving you a chance to be with your beloved for the rest of your life BUT you have to be the sacrificial lamb to the slaughter." Princess Kanikka muttered and sighed. Concerned etched on her beautiful face.
"It's not as easy as you think Nick. You are too young to understand." Prince Zee stated.
"Don't use my age as an excuse. It IS easy. I know ALL of our royal stature and ordinance!" Princess Kanikka raised her voice.
"Oh boy... We've just met for like 5 minutes and you guys are ready to duke it out." Poppy muttered.
"Shut up Poopy!" Princess Kanikka glared at Poppy and he raised his hands in surrender.
"Renounce your Crown Prince title. Then, I can be the Crown Princess and the Queen of Thailand." Princess Kanikka suggested.
"How about me?" Poppy questioned.
"You? I'm sorry brother... You are too nice! You will be eaten alive by the cabinet and they will spit you out after that." Princess Kanikka asserted.
"I know..." Poppy whispered. He then paled and visibly shivered.
"I don't want to be King like EVER!" Poppy shook his head passionately.
"Thank you sister... But you are as you said... 19 and you still have your whole life ahead of you" The Prince smiled at his sister and held her shoulders.
"Let's have breakfast shall we? I am famished!" Prince Zee suggested.
"Avoiding discussion 101. Don't think I don't know how you work Zee." The Princess grumbled.
"My offer still stands Zee. I am not kidding. I might be young but do not underestimate me. I'm going to talk with my future husband later and see what he thinks. He is as smart as you Zee but I think I am smarter than HIM and YOU!" Princess Kanikka added.
"Who IS THIS guy?" Poppy asked curiously.
"Time will tell. Let's have breakfast." Princess Kanikka murmured avoiding Poppy's eyes on her.
"Hah! Avoiding 101 much?" Poppy smirked and smiled when the Princess grinned knowingly.
"Do you want me to get my agents to help you Poppy?" Prince Zee teased Poppy.
"No!" Poppy growled.
"By the way... When will Atid be executed?" Princess Kanikka questioned while walking towards the main dining room with her brothers by her sides.
"The court will decide tomorrow." Prince Zee informed.
"It is a dangerous time for everyone." Princess Kanikka whispered.
"I agree. That's why everyone is on high alert. To make matters worse, Ohm Rattana is still under the radar. Nobody has seen him. You two don't leave the palace until we have Ohm in custody." Prince Zee reminded his siblings.
"Zee... Tell me about the love of your life. I'm curious." Princess Kanikka turned her head towards Prince Zee.
"Please Zee? Who has my brother's heart?" The Princess smiled.
"He's Aint." The Prince shared.
"WHAT?" Princess Kanikka stopped at her tracks.
"Yeah..." Prince Zee smiled at his sister's reaction.
"The same Aint from that photo you keep with you?" Princess Kanikka questioned Prince Zee in disbelief and then she looked at Prince Zee in awe.
"The same." The Prince answered while nodding.
"It's like a love story."Princess Kanikka smiled dreamily.
"That doesn't end like the love stories you have read." Prince Zee stated.
"It could end like you want to just like the ending of many of the stories I have read but you are too..."
"Come on... I'm hungry..." Prince Zee dragged his siblings away.
"Still avoiding discussion 101." Princess Kanikka muttered.
"Love you squirt." Prince Zee said.
"Still avoiding!" Princess Kanikka grumbled.
"Tell me about your pseudo-boyfriend." The Prince requested.
"Avoiding!" The Princess raised her arms in the air in aggravation.
"Is he more handsome than me?" Prince Zee asked.
"He's definitely sexier! You should see his flawless abs!" Princess Kanikka grinned.
"No! TMI! TMI! You are too young to say anyone's anything is SEXY!" Poppy exclaimed.
"Who is sexy?" Suddenly the Queen emerged from one of the doors and asked her children.
"Definitely not HIM! He looks like a fat dumpling." Princess Kanikka pointed at Poppy and giggled.
"Why YOU!" Poppy ran after the laughing Princess Kanikka.