Lies

Saint sat on the grass with tears streaming down his face. He felt so much pain that he never knew could ever exist. He wiped his tears and his body shuddered by the intense pain and sadness that he felt. He did not know what to do. He had come to acknowledge that he had fallen in love with Prince Zee and that made him cry again as he also had to acknowledge the futility of his feelings towards the Crown Prince. The pain was excruciating. He would never be able to tell the Prince about his feelings. He would never be able to feel loved by him either. He was not even his in the first place. Saint did not know what to do. He could not stay at that condominium. It would break his heart and break him even more. Saint continued to stare into the dark sky. His mind floated to Cora and kittens. They were Prince Zee and Saint's babies. Saint wiped more of his tears.

Saint could not believe that when he fell in love that he felt pain instead of happiness. Life was not fair, he thought. The searing pain in his heart continued to engulf him. Saint wondered when did he actually fall in love with the Prince. At first he was terrified of him but his feelings transformed as they got closer. Saint closed his eyes. He wondered how long he would feel the pain as terrible as this. He wondered whether his feelings would ever go away. He wondered whether the gnawing pain would get worse. He wondered how could he continue with his life after this. He continued to stare into the dark sky. He had fallen in love with someone he should not have. He could never ever be his. Why did they kiss? They kissed! They kissed more than once! Why did Prince Zee kiss him? Did Prince Zee like the kisses? Saint loved their kisses! He should not have loved the kisses, Saint thought sullenly. He should not have enjoyed it. He should not have nurtured his feelings. He should not have opened his heart. He should not have hoped.

************************************************************

"Hi. Sorry I am late." Saint said as he entered his condominium.
"You're back Mr Suppapong." The Princess was in the living room and she looked at her watch.
"After I bought the cat food, I met my school friend and we talked for a while until we forgot the time." Saint explained.
"Where is the cat food?" The Princess queried.
"I must have left it with my friend's place." Saint lied and shook his head.
"Where are you originally from Mr Suppapong?" Princess Achara asked.
"Chiang Mai." Saint answered and she nodded.
"Beautiful place." Princess Achara added and Saint nodded.
"Your Highness... Will you be staying here taking care of Prince Zee?"
"I am." She replied.
"Why?" She questioned him.
"Nothing... I think just it will be better if I stay at my friend's place so that I won't disturb you and the Prince." Saint explained.
"That is very nice of you Mr Suppapong." Princess Achara smiled.
"No Your Highness... I just don't want to get in you and your fiancé's way... That's all." Saint smiled back at her.
"Your Highness... Where is your staff?" Saint asked.
"Only one of my assistant is staying to help me." She stated and Saint nodded.
"Is the Prince awake?" Saint queried.
"Yes." Princess Achara answered.
"Is he feeling better?" Saint asked the Princess.
"Zee... He is always cranky and angry... I guess he is back to his normal self." Princess Achara answered while Saint nodded.
"Did he ask about me?" Saint continued.
"No... He didn't." The Princess thought and shook her head.
"Maybe because he has everything he needed since you are here Your Highness." Saint stated.
"You are too kind Mr Suppapong." The Princess smiled at him.
"I'm so sorry Your Highness... I actually did not know Prince Zee was engaged or... When I first met him... I did not even know he was the Crown Prince. I did not recognise him." Saint admitted.
"I understand as not everyone in Thailand pays attention to the royal family." She added.
"When did you two engage?" Saint queried.
"We are not formally engaged yet but after Prince Zee graduates, we would formally engaged and a month after that we would be married." Princess Achara explained and Saint nodded.
"Well Your Highness... please tell him that... you and Prince Zee have the condominium all to yourselves. I will be staying with my friend for a few days. I don't want to intrude the both of you." Saint asserted.
"Thank you again Mr Suppapong."
"By the way, we will be sending the cats to a shelter for a while... Then maybe they can come back. With my allergy and all." The Princess asserted.
"I... I understand Your Highness. Where will you be sending them?" Saint asked the Princess.
"I have no idea... My staff will manage them. Don't worry... They will be taken care of." She answered.
'Thank you Your Highness." Saint whispered.
"I better get going." Saint said and took his leave.