Chapter 34

The next day

The sheer amount of happiness radiating off from daisy had greatly unnerved the competitor and a the staff but they went with it. The only thing in her mind was the talk with me and her happiness. She still remembered back when she was 11 and it was ash who helped her and believed in her even though she herself had never thought she could do it.

The fact that only he could be so brutally honest and still be motivational was so ash that she couldn't even describe it. Everyone told her that they would never be disappointed or about how great it was that she was able to reach the finals. In the end the person who initially made her start her journey was the one who had told her the brutal truth without any padding but it still made her happy to not be surrounded by a bunch of masks and not people.

If only she knew that my mask ran deeper than she could ever hope to sense. Anyway today was the day. The final countdown. The finals of the Coordinators battle.

"Good morning everyone. Today is the finals of the coordinator championship finals.

Our first competitor Daisy oak. She started completely on her own and in just 4 short years has reached the very top of the competition. She is known to be humble and very excited. She collected all the ribbons she could before challenging the reigning champion and now she is here face to face.

Our final competitor Lisia the dragon type coordinator. Lisia has been the reigning champ for more than 3 years. She is very well known for her using only one Alteria for all her competitions. She collected the ribbons in record time of 8 months and immediately rushed for the championship unlike daisy who patiently waited and took her time.

Today we are gonna see who is gonna win and who is gonna lose between these 2. Daisy also seems to have gotten a confidence boost as she is practically radiating happiness. Lisia also seems to be unnerved by this happiness. But lets not waste anymore time and get on with it"

Daisy let out a chansey and a little clefairy. Her signature pokemon. She was sticking to the basics while Lisia let out an Altaria and another altaria, Lisia was going to the extremes, it seemed like a clash of different styles. She reminded me of an pop idol or something.

Anyway lisia was going first. Her performance consisted of a pretty boring and repetitive moves but the audience ate it up like a wolf. The judges however seemed to agree with my thought process. She was making easily digestible content for an audience but not for the judges. It was like a very good toy company. No matter how innovative it was, it would never be usable for adults. Never

Her moves were graceful but I could find faults in it but not bad. She kept her showmanship and performed admirably and with no hesitance at all and was a bit boring for me but whatever.

Still she did a lot of flips and had a lot of basic symmetry. The only way she could get this far is that in 99% of all competitions are decided by the audience and judges are more like critics. However the champion is decided by both. She didn't even use any elemental attacks, her pokemon were not trained at all, and I could see the exhaustion on their face. I could also see that they weren't trained for endurance very well but meh.

She ended her performance with two dragon breaths colliding and her coming out from the dust in the air left by the attack. This was practically a disgrace, such a weak dragon breath? My own garchomp could do that when he was a Gibble. Sheesh anyway even the audience was a bit disappointed by a weak ending but they still clapped.

"That was an amazing performance by lisia but she had a weak ending. Will the challenger use this opportunity to become the champion? Let's find out"

"Now for daisy oak." Daisy was wearing a cute dress. She had clefairy on her shoulder and acha sey by her side," begin"

Chansey let out a dazzling gleam while clefairy started singing in a low near inaudible voice. Daisy went on for the rest of the performance, she kept on doing unorthodox but berry pleasing maneuvers in a very cute manner. Her performance was a bit unique but just the happiness and joy in her moves the slow singing of clefairy and the chansey contribution made them smile as they felt a serene calm. It was like a basic concept taken to the Max. No major moves, no showy maneuvers but only plain and simple performance from the bottom of her heart

Daisy ended the show by having chansey envelop clefairy and herself in an egg. The egg started breaking and cracks showed. Out of those cracks came a pink energy and slowly the daisy burst out with fairy energy. It was a pretty amazing finish.

"That was absolutely amazing. Daisy instead of going for showy, has stuck to the basics and still be such a great coordinator, her performance was simple but very complex and her strategy was impeccable. Her pokemon are also very well trained and aren't showing any signs of exhaustion unlike the altaria of lisia."

I don't know what the people see in such a competition but meh. I couldn't care less about anything other than daisy in this competition

It took an her hour of waiting but the results came out and DAISY HAD..

CLIFFHANGER NO JUTSU!

ps: I am really bad at describing scenes from coordinators. Thanks for the support.