He's No Good

Brandon came inside shortly after Mariana and saw Aj sitting on the couch in the living room.
"What's up?" Brandon said
"Nothing much just relaxing" Aj said
"Where's Callie?"
"She's upstairs with Anthony trying to put him to bed"
"Well shouldn't you be up there with her?" Brandon asked catching Aj off guard.
"Well, um you know I'm not really the one that's lactating so I don't think I'll be of much use" Aj said glaring at Brandon.
"Hey you don't need to be such a dick about it ok. You know what I mean"
"No, actually I don't know what you mean actually because nothing your saying is making any sense."
"oh sorry I just thought you were smarter that that, my bad" Brandon said in a bitter tone.
"Remind me again of how many kids you have?" Aj said standing up.
"You know what just shut the fuck up Aj... you don't need to get defensive for me just asking you a simple question."
"Fuck you. Nobody needs to listen to you in this house. You're not the boss and you sure as hell don't know as much as you think you do."
"HEY what's going on. I can hear you both all the way outside" Stef came in the front door causing the both of them to back down. She turned away from their view and saw Callie standing on the stairs with a blank expression.
"Cal..." Callie turned around and went up the stairs as fast as she could. She was mad and so upset at both of them.
"What the hell is wrong with you two?" Stef's blood was boiling.
"I don't care of you like each other or not when you are in this house you need to be respectful to each other. You guys are family now so figure it out."
"Then tell your golden boy to stop trying to pick fights with me all the damn time" Aj spat back.
"The only thing I told you was you should be helping Callie that's it! But apparently doing the bare minimum for him is so hard. He can't do the first right thing."
"Brandon!" Stef said now visibly angry with them.
"No mom, it's true everybody knows it's true. He's no good for Callie." Brandon glared at Aj.

Upstairs:

Callie entered her room as fast as she could and sat on her bed. She put Anthony down on the bed and he started to drift off to sleep. She knew Brandon didn't like Aj but they had been civil with each other ever since she got pregnant. She couldn't believe they were still being childish.
"What's wrong?" Mariana exited the bathroom completely oblivious to the situation, until she heard the yelling coming from downstairs. The walls were way too thin in their house.
She sat next to Callie careful to not bother Anthony.
"Is that Brandon and Aj yelling?" Mariana asked looking at Callie who still had a blank expression. Callie nodded.
"Dumbasses" Mariana said
"I can't believe them... you know guys are so stupid" she put her hand on Callie's leg who now looked sad.
"I'm sorry.. are you ok?"
Callie put her head down and covered her face with her hands. She started quietly crying. This is not how she pictured her life would be. She wondered if being with Aj was worth the constant fights with her family. Mariana wrapped her arm around Callie and layed her head on her shoulder again.

Downstairs:

"I'm the best father for Anthony and Callie and I are doing great thanks for asking" Aj said.
"She would be doing a lot better if you actually helped her. We can all see how exhausted she is everyday" Brandon said.
"That is enough! BOTH of you" Stef said interrupting their argument.
"I cant believe you two are ok with fighting when Callie is upstairs probably hearing the whole thing. She doesn't deserve this" Stef said as she walked to the stairs,
"And don't even think about following me. You two aren't leaving downstairs until you are done being unacceptable."

****

Stef headed up the stairs and entered Callie's room slowly.
She saw Callie crying and hugging Mariana
"My love.." she said kneeling down next to Callie.
"I h-hate him-m" she said through her tears.
"Cal" Stef moved Callie's hair away from her face.

"N-no. Just" Callie stood up,
"I just wanna be alone"
"Are you sure?" Stef said
"Yes.. please" Callie said as more tears fell from her face.
Mariana walked out of the room.
"Ok I love you so much baby" Stef kissed Callie's forehead and picked up Anthony,
"I'll put this little one to sleep in my room."
Callie layed down on her bed before Stef left the room shutting the door.
Stef was furious. She put Anthony down in her bed and headed downstairs. Brandon was outside in the shed and Aj was sitting on the couch.
"Mike is coming to pick me up I'm staying over at his house for a little bit" Aj said.
"Aj it's getting late.. it's 7pm" Stef said.
"I know, I won't be back too late" Aj said coldly as he went upstairs to grab a few things to take to Mike's house.
He entered the bedroom to see Callie crying on the bed.
"Callie what's wrong?" He said going up to her and touching her. Callie shrugged him off of her,
"N-nothing. Don't touch me" she said not looking at him.
"Is this because Brandon and I were arguing?" Callie he was calling me pretty messed up things what was I supposed to do?"
Callie sat up,
"YOU IGNORE HIM. THAT'S WHAT YOU DO" she yelled. She saw him packing a backpack
"Where are you going?" She asked slightly scared of his answer.
"I'm going over to Mike's I need some time to think."
Callie let out a sarcastic laugh.
"You have to be kidding. I need you here"
"Damn Callie it's just going to be for a little while."
"Then just go" Callie grabbed his phone off the nightstand and threw it at him.
"You're a dick" she said before laying back down facing away from Aj. She didn't want him to see how upset she was.
"Callie... I just need to clear my head.. I love you."
"Just g-go" Callie hated herself for stuttering on the words.
She heard Aj leave the room. Callie cried herself to sleep.

****
about 2 hours later Stef came into the room with Anthony. She went up to her and lightly touched her arm.
"He's ready for milk."
Callie got up and took Anthony from Stef's arms and started nursing him.
"Thanks for watching him" Callie said.
"So, Mike called and said Aj fell asleep on the couch and that he's just going to let him sleep there tonight. Ok love?" Stef said.
"Of course" Callie didn't say anything else she just ran her fingers through Anthony's hair while he nursed.
"So mama and I are going to take turns in here tonight to help you."
"Ok. Thank you mom" Callie said looking at Stef.
"We love you Cal. So much."
She didn't know what she would do without her mamas.