Girls Day

Callie walked downstairs with Anthony.
"Someone's up early!" Lena said getting breakfast made.
"So, Rita called and I invited her, Daphne, and Kiara to come over later to see Anthony. Is that ok?"
"Of course it is sweetie!" Lena said smiling. Callie had missed seeing her friends. She was grateful Rita called, she figured this would help get her mind off of all the drama with Aj.
"That also reminds me, grandma Sharon is coming over in about a week. She's so excited to see the baby. Unfortunately, my parents are still out of town so they aren't able to come"
"That's awesome I can't wait." she was excited for her grandma to come visit and it also meant more help which Callie was definitely in need of.
Anthony was starting to develop quite the attitude and didn't like sleep as much as he used to.
"How was it with Aj? You guys ok?" Lena asked hesitant.
"It's ok. I'm still mad at him though. He needs to step up as a father and I told him that." Callie said popping a few grapes into her mouth.
"I'm glad you're standing your ground. Hopefully today will be a better day for you honey." Lena kissed Callie's forehead and took Anthony from her to feed him some yogurt which he eagerly took.
"Ooh Someone's hungry!"

****
Callie had dressed Anthony in a cute yet comfortable outfit for today.
It was a dinosaur onesie and joggers. Anthony had loved dinosaurs recently and even had a few stuffed animal ones in his crib.

 Anthony had loved dinosaurs recently and even had a few stuffed animal ones in his crib

Anthony was fussing sitting on Callie's bed and started to cry.
"Can you get him?" Callie said to Aj who was sitting on Mariana's bed.
Aj got up and started playing with Anthony to distract him.
"He won't stop. I'm just gonna take him for a walk in the backyard."
"Ok but don't ruin his outfit please" Callie said while doing her makeup. Rita and the girls were coming over in about an hour.

****
Aj walked back upstairs with Anthony about 30 minutes later.
"Your turn. He's hungry."
"Seriously?" She was now finishing up doing her hair.
"You can give him a bottle it's only been like 30 minutes I think you can handle it. I'm always with him." Callie let out a sigh.
Aj decided it was best not to talk back and started making his bottle.
Callie couldn't help but notice Aj struggle to feed him.
"Can you put a bib on him first I don't want his outfit to get ruined."
Aj let out a groan as he got up to het a bib then put it on Anthony.
Callie rolled her eyes at him. It wasn't that hard.

****
Brandon knocked on Callie's door.
"Hey, can we talk?"
"Yeah, Aj can you take him to a different room."
"Sure thing." He left with Anthony leaving Brandon and Callie alone.
"Look, I'm sorry. It's just I was mad and worried about you because we all know how much you've had on your plate lately & I just exploded."
"Brandon, it's ok, I get it. Sometimes I want to say the same things to him but please no more fighting. I'd appreciate it if you didn't make my life harder than it already is." Callie looked Brandon in his eyes.
"Okay. And I'm sorry for making you upset" Brandon said touching her shoulder.
Callie looked down.
"It's fine I'm over it, thanks for the apology. I love you." Brandon gave Callie a hug before leaving the room.

****
"They're here!" Callie said excitedly. Anthony was now sleeping in his crib so she decided to not bother him. Stef and Lena went out on a date and all the other kids agreed to not bother Callie and her friends for the day.
She opened the door,
"Hey Callie!" They all walked in giving her a hug.
"Girl, you look so good! It doesn't even look like you had a kid." Kiara said tapping Callie's shoulder.
"Speaking of kid, where is the little one?" Daphne said.
"He's upstairs sleeping but in about 15 minutes he will be ready to meet all of you."
"Callie, I really am so proud of you. You're doing great things, raising a baby is not easy." Rita said giving Callie a hug.
"Thank you."
The girls sat and chatted downstairs for about 30 minutes when Aj came down the stairs with Anthony causing all of them to stand up and awe at the sight. Aj handed him to Callie.
"Hey Aj how are you?" Rita asked
"Doing pretty good. This one is for sure keeping us on our toes though." Aj laughed.
"Oh yes I remember when my daughter was a baby like this. I forgot what sleep even was." Everyone laughed.
"He's adorable!" Daphne said grabbing him from Callie's arms. They all took turns carrying him. They all sat down with Callie at the dining table.
"So, how's it with you and Aj how's baby life? Things must have changed a bit" Daphne said holding Anthony in her lap.
"Actually, it's been hard. There has been a lot of good moments too dont get me wrong - and I like his help through the night but.. it's been hard" she let out a sigh and Daphne rubbed her back.
"You guys fighting?" Kiara chimed in.
"Yeah. A few days ago was a huge fight and to be honest I've felt for a while now like he's been hiding something or pushing away. I don't know maybe it's just me."
"Don't do that to yourself. Don't dig a hole of 'what ifs', that's how relationships break. Just be honest that's all, be honest and open with him" Rita said.
Callie knew she was right but it was going to be hard for her to be able to express her feelings to him.
They chatted for about another hour and finally it was time for them to leave.
"Ok we love you" They all hugged goodbye.
"And I'll see you soon" Daphne said to Anthony as he giggled.

Callie shut the door and went back upstairs with Anthony, she was exhausted from the long day

"Ooh can we take care of him for a little bit?" Mariana said seeing Callie walking to her room.
"Umm sure. He needs a diaper change though."
"It's okay I'll just make Jesus do it" Mariana said shrugging her shoulders.
They both laughed and Mariana took Anthony into Jesus's room.
Callie entered her room to see Aj doing some homework at the desk.
"Hey" she said.
"Where is he?" Aj said glancing over.
"Mariana and Jesus are watching him" she sat down on the edge of her bed.
"Let's be honest with each other okay?" Aj was not expecting Callie to say that and looked at her confused.
"I just feel like there's so much tension but let's just say how we feel ok? No holding back."
"Ok well I wish you would let me take care of Anthony more you're so controlling when it comes to him." Aj said without hesitating
"Wow. Ok. How am I controlling?" Callie said a bit irritated
"This is why we can't say anything there's always a fight. Now youre mad"
"I'm not mad I just - I don't really understand. The only reason I take Anthony more is because you don't know how to settle him or what he needs." Callie didn't mean for it to come off as rude but based on Ajs face she knew that's what he thought.
"Babe I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"
"No, it's whatever. Sorry for being a horrible dad." Aj got up and left the room.
Callie looked at her reflection in the mirror. Well, that didn't go as planned.
Callie walked downstairs about 10 minutes later to see Aj sitting on the couch. She walked up to him, sat next to him and layed her head on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry" she whispered. Aj didn't say anything.
"I am controlling but I can't help it. Let's go to couples therapy or something." Callie continued. Aj looked at her,
"Couples therapy is for old married couples, we're teenagers."
"Well, at least I'm trying to figure something out." She looked at him.
"How about we just start with that being honest thing ok?" Aj said holding Callie's hand, she smiled and nodded.