look at me

october 2015

junmyeon's pov of joohyun ignoring him and joohyun's pov of her ignoring junmyeon.

The night was almost over. It was almost time for the ending song for the ONE K concert. It was almost time to go back to the dorm and rest. Junmyeon should be relieved but instead he is anxiously searching for a certain (currently) brown hair girl.

Junmyeon has been in close proximity with Joohyun for HOURS and they haven't spoken even once. In fact, everytime Junmyeon tries to get her attention, Joohyun oh so coincidentally looks away. He knew that they should be careful with showing off their friendship in public but he didn't think she would act so cold towards him.

To add on to that, the last few messages between him and Joohyun have been short and fast. Almost like she just wanted to get it over with. Junmyeon noticed and just thought to just give her some space as she might just be stressed.

EXO was one of the first groups to get situated on the stage first for the final song. Junmyeon waves to all the fans surrounding them, secretly taking subtle glances to see where Red Velvet was and if they were on the stage yet.

"Hyung, you're so obvious."

Junmyeon turns back and sees Baekhyun looking at him with raised eyebrows.

"Don't know what you're talking about," he replies, still waving around.

"I heard they're standing next to us," Jongdae says overhearing their conversation.

Hearing that, Junmyeon snaps his neck back with wide eyes. Just as he was going to respond the group of girls walked up next to them.

"Speak of the devil." Baekhyun mutters laughing.

Trying to act cool and reserved, Junmyeon pretends he doesn't notice by looking over to the other members on the other side of him. He catches Jongin looking over at the girls behind him. Junmyeon knew he was staring at a certain bear-like girl. Jongin was almost lost in a trance when Junmyeon caught his attention and made eye contact with him.

"You alright?" Junmyeon expresses with his eyes.

Jongin just sadly shrugs and looks away.

Junmyeon knew those two ended badly. He had trained with both of them along with Joohyun for so long. It was always Jongin and Seulgi or Seulgi and Jongin. Those two were almost inseparable. Their similarities made them so close, even Junmyeon felt awkward hanging out with them which is why having Joohyun around later on was so enjoyable. The group would sneak out of practice and get food. And now the four of them act like complete strangers.

Remembering his hoobaes were literally right behind him, he turns around to greet them. He catches Seulgi's attention but she just stood in shock with the fact that Junmyeon was interacting with them right in front of their fans. Yerim sees him and bows politely. Junmyeon looks over at Joohyun who was right behind Yeri, but she just glances the opposite direction. Seulgi finally snaps out of it and bows hastily as well. Junmyeon smiles and compliments her on their performance for Dumb Dumb,subtlely looking over at Joohyun to see her reaction. She gave no sign of reaction and was still looking at the other part of the stage. Disappointed, Junmyeon's smile drops a little, wondering if he did anything wrong. Seulgi notices and speaks up.

"She is not mad at you or anything," she says, trying to mend the situation

"She won't even look at me," he replies with a humorless laugh.

"Unnie's just being cautious. There have been rumors flying around about you two."

"I never noticed," Junmyeon says guiltily.

Seulgi just gives him a reassuring smile and returns her attention back to her group members.

Dammit. If I saw the rumors I could have talked it out with her. Why didn't she say anything ? he thought, frustrated.

From the corner of his eye he can see Baekhyun and Jongdae having a conversation with the girls. He turns slightly and sees Joohyun actually participating in the conversation with them

Wow. She really does not want to talk to me that much huh.

Junmyeon just turns back to the front, can't bare to watch any further.

Jongdae finished up his conversation with the girls. He notices Junmyeon and puts an arm around him.

"She doesn't seem upset with you or anything," he whispers to him.

Junmyeon doesn't say anything and just looks down.

"Guys let's move closer so they can stand in the front with us," Baekhyun suggests to Junmyeon and the rest of the members.

Junmyeon quickly agrees, scooting closer to the guys and waving at Red Velvet to come up to the front.

Sehun playful steps over to Baekhyun, "Hyung you're such a gentleman," he says laughing.

Baekhyun and Jongdae just laughs it off with him.

The final song is about to start and the music begins to play. Baekhyun, not paying attention, misses one of his lines of the song right at the beginning. Thankfully Wendy was quick to react and helped him out. Baekhyun quickly rejoins after laughing at himself for that mistake.

The rest of the song goes by smoothly, everyone at the venue singing together. After the song ends, all the groups all head back to their waiting rooms. While waving , Junmyeon sees Red Velvet turning around and beginning to head back. Junmyeon notices and tries to catch up with them but many other groups all cut in between them.

Great. How am I going to have the chance to talk to her now?

And just like that, the night ended without Junmyeon having the conversation he wanted.

"You guys did great!" Jongdae says to Red Velvet with thumbs up. 

"Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb," Baekhyun playfully adds.

Joohyun just laughed along with the group. She glances over at Junmyeon who was facing the other direction, smiling at the fans. She has been keeping her distance and avoiding him the whole night. She knew he would try to come up and say hi, but she really didn't want to get caught by anyone. There has been a photo floating around of them back at the Dream Concert, eating ramen together.

That was when we first rekindled our friendship, she sighs.

Baekhyun notices Joohyun looking over at Junmyeon and decides to speak up about it.

"Just greet him or something," he suggests.

"It'll make his whole night a lot better for sure," Jongdae adds.

Joohyun just gave them a small grimace of a smile and shook her head. She then puts her attention on the other side of the stage, not wanting to have the conversation any longer. She knew it was wrong to be avoiding him so much without an explanation.

He just won't understand.

Girl group members had it a lot harder than boy group members in terms of dating rumors and scandals. They were always the one that faced more backlash. Hate comments have been popping up more than usual ever since that photo surfaced. Joohyun felt guilt for the group. Just as the hate for their debut was dying down, another reason for the harsh netizens to comment pops up. The other girls have obviously seen it and every time they bring it up Joohyun changes the topic.

I have to be the best leader in front of them. I can't be the one putting burdens on the group, she thought, I doubt Junmyeon is even aware of these comments.

Joohyun doesn't want Junmyeon to see the comments though. She knew he would feel guilt and try to fix the whole situation. In her point of view, adding more attention to this situation would just make it worse.

She doesn't want to stop talking to him. These past few months being friends with him again has felt so good, but Joohyun knows she shouldn't be selfish and should think about the members. 

The night ends with the rumors dying down, along with their friendship.