last day

june 2016

life hits joohyun on her last day as MC.

          It was almost like fate when the staff at Music Bank asked Junmyeon to be the one to give Joohyun flowers for her last day hosting. It was the Half Year Special, but it was also Joohyun's last day as MC. He had his full attention on the monitor which showed Joohyun saying her final goodbyes. It was obvious she was upset about it but Junmyeon couldn't do anything to comfort her or make her feel better.

Right when Bogum was finishing her speech, a staff handed Junmyeon a bouquet and instructed him to hand it to Joohyun. The exchange was super quick. Joohyun was surprised when she saw Junmyeon next to her. He was looking at her encouragingly and she almost froze up. Joohyun grabbed the flowers and Junmyeon left. It was less than 3 seconds.

Joohyun did not expect to get emotional but as she spoke her final words, she realized how being MC for a whole year changed her. She was definitely more open and comfortable now, especially to the staff and Bogum.

She wanted to remain at least acquaintances with Bogum but she knew it would never work out and would only create rumors that will affect her and Bogum's career. He was a very polite guy. He might have acted confident on screen but behind the scenes, he was a kid that treated everyone around him with respect. He also got along with everyone very quickly which was something that Joohyun admired him for. Maybe that was why she enjoyed talking to him. She was almost envious at how he was able to be so easy going with everyone.

They were both backstage saying goodbyes to the staff. Both Bogum and Joohyun greeted each other last. They wished each other well and left. Saying the very last goodbye felt weird to her. Music Bank was almost like a part of her routine and not going it anymore felt empty. It was so easy to say goodbye verbally but on the inside, it just felt so empty.

Joohyun did not know whether to cry or laugh. She was just stoic. She quietly walked off to find her members who were waiting for her, still holding the flowers and the gifts that she got. The members all hugged her when she entered the room. Joohyun honestly wanted to stay strong and pretend it was no big deal, but oddly enough, she actually built relationships with everyone when she was MC. It was one of the first times since her debut that she opened up to strangers. Right when she was comfortable and close with them, she had to leave.

Tiny, slow tears came out. It shouldn't have been such a big deal, but it was hard.

The girls were waiting for their managers to come, in their waiting room. They were going to arrive a bit late since the traffic was bad. The girls didn't have anything else to do after so they didn't mind.

Joohyun got a text from Junmyeon asking if she was still there. She answered and went to meet up with him. Joohyun walked out and saw that not many people were still there. It would usually be packed with idols and staff running around. Instead, she would be lucky to even see two people in the same hallway.

They decided to meet up in the stairwell. No one would be there at this time but if someone were to find them, it would definitely be suspicious.

"Here, I got you the usual," Junmyeon says as he hands her the usual ramen.

He was sitting on the step second to the bottom. Joohyun sat next to him on the very bottom step.

"You know, we started talking again around this time last year AND we were eating ramen then too," she recalls.

"We are definitely ramen ambassadors. I think there should be a IRENE and SUHO ramen CF," he jokingly says.

"That company will either gain a load of profit or get a bunch of hate comments," she laughs.