why are you texting her

november  2015

once again, sehun shows his phone snatching skills and turns out, baekhyun is part of a little scheme.

It has been almost a whole month since Junmyeon started giving Joohyun the space she needed. Knowing the hardships of being an idol and the leader, he didn't want to burden her by adding vicious rumors onto her plate. Although he wanted the best for her, he couldn't help to feel down about the whole situation. It was a big change from talking almost everyday to now not even acknowledging each other. Their friendship has really come full circle once again.

Junmyeon was frustrated with how things ended though. Just like before, they drifted apart silently. Just like before there was no communication at all. One day they were perfectly fine, the next day they were complete strangers. The one difference is that only this time, Junmyeon wanted to mend the friendship a lot more. The rekindled friendship was a second chance for Junmyeon and Joohyun and it all went to waste in just half a year. His thoughts were interrupted when someone let out a loud giggle.

"What are you so giggly about?" he asks Baekhyun who was laying on the couch with his phone in his hand.

"Nothing," Baekhyun replies slyly.

"Maybe he is texting a girl," Yixing replies simply.

Chanyeol jumps on top of Baekhyun and reads what was on the phone.

"You guys will not believe who he's texting," he says with wide eyes. 

Professional phone snatcher Oh Sehun quickly grabs the phone out of Baekhyun's hands and widens his eyes as well.

"WHY ARE YOU TEXTING SEULGI?!"

Jongin immediately snaps his head to their direction. Junmyeon notices and raises his eyebrows. Across from him was Kyungsoo who also saw Jongin's reaction. Both Junmyeon and Kyungsoo make a look at each other to acknowledge what they saw.

"Like Red Velvet Seulgi?" Xiumin asks, coming out of the kitchen.

"YES IT'S HER PICTURE!" Sehun points accusingly.

"Why are you texting her?" Junmyeon curiously asks.

"No reason," Baekhyun says with a smirk.

"Whyyyy? You weren't even that close." Junmyeon responds.

"Just because you're moping around over one Red Velvet member doesn't mean I can't text another," Baekhyun proudly says.

"What?! I'm not moping around." Junmyeon says defensively.

Jongdae lets out a dry laugh, "HA you should be glad we're not promoting right now because you look like shit."

Junmyeon doesn't say anything and gives Jongdae a small punch. He noticed Jongin sitting on the floor next to a napping Kyungsoo. Jongin has been awfully quiet, but everyone was aware of the reason.

As the group slowly returned back to the room, only Junmyeon and Baekyun were left in the kitchen. Junmyeon was cleaning up some of the trash while Baekyun was suspiciously standing around doing nothing.

"Ya are you going to help me or just stand around?" the older one says.

Baekyun puts his phone in his pocket, "OH. Yeah. Uh sure."

Junmyeon doesn't say anything about his odd behavior. It's just Baekhyun being weird he thought to himself. The two quietly cleans up, not wanting to wake the other members.

"Hyung, you wanna go eat at this restaurant tomorrow?"

"Are you kidding me? You were acting weird just because you wanted me to buy you food?!"

"Of course hyung! I'm brokeeee. Treat me to this new restaurant I found," Baekhyun whines.

"I would but I have a schedule tomorrow. Let's go another day," says Junmyeon, still cleaning up the wrappers the members left behind.

"NO!" Baekhyun exclaims, "Err I mean I want to go tomorrow. We can go after your schedule.I'll meet you there."

Junmyeon looks at him weird, "Alright I guess. I think I'll be done at 4."

"Great! I'll send you the address. Thanks hyung!"

And just like that Baekhyun skips back to his room without helping Junmyeon finish up.

The next day, Junmyeon tiredly crawls into the car after his radio schedule. He had talked so much, his mouth even went dry. He even sang along to a Red Velvet B Side during the radio. If this was months before, Junmyeon would text Joohyun about his schedule and how much of a fan he was to know their B Sides. But this wasn't months ago and currently the two aren't even talking.

The car takes off and Junmyeon realizes he still hasn't told his manager the address of the restaurant.

"Wait hyung. I'm going to meet Baekhyun at this address. I'll send it to you right now."

"No it's fine. Baekhyun already sent it to me."

"Oh alright." Junmyeon thought it was weird that Baekhyun would put this much effort into their small hang out but because he was tired Junmyeon didn't think much of it and just closed his eyes to take a break.

"We're here," his manager says trying to wake him up.

"Huh already," Junmyeon says, as he tries to open his eyes.

"Yeah. Text me when you want me to pick you up," he replies as he opens the automatic doors.

"Thanks hyung."

Pulling out his phone he texts Baekhyun to see if he arrived already. He walks into the restaurant and to his surprise he sees someone he knew who definitely was not Baekhyun.