14. Exposure

*Flashback 9 years ago*

Jen POV

Standing by the door to the backyard I stood there looking out into the beautiful garden a little bit sad. Today is my 15th birthday and Nikolai told me he would spend the day with me but the sun is setting and the day is quickly ending.

Sighing I take a step back and my back is met with a warm chest and arms slink around my body. I smiled instantly knowing he's here.

He bowed down to my ear whispering sweet words.

"Happy birthday moya luybov." (my love) then he kissed my temple.

Turning around I pouted and glared at him.
"You promises me you would spend the day with me!" I whined.

He chuckled and held me tighter in his arms.
"Sorry love, I got caught up in bussnies with my father. You know how he is." The thing is, I know how his father is. A horrible man.

I nodded and looked down. "The day is almost over." I whispered.

He let go of me and took a step back and lifted my chin between his thumb and index finger to make me look at him. I looked into his icy blue almost grey eyes and could feel happiness bloom in me. His eyes showed sorry and he put his hand into his pockets and took out a small box. I gasped when he opened the box that revealed a small pretty ring.

He took out the ring and lifted my hand to put it on my ring finger

He took out the ring and lifted my hand to put it on my ring finger. Tears started to form in my eyes as I looked at it.

"I'm sorry, it will never happen again. This is a promise ring. When you turn 18 I will marry you and it will be me and you against the world! I will never let you get hurt ever!" His words melted my heart and I smiled brightly at him. He slid on the ring and kissed my forehead.

"Ya lyublyu tebya" (I love you) he spoke with so much emotions.

"Navsegda." (Forever) I replied still smiling.

"Navsegda." (Forever) he nodded smiling back.

*End of flashback*

My fingers was fumbling with the ring that I kept on a necklace around my neck.
I was no longer sad of the memory, more like angry. He broke his promise over and over again.

I got out of my thoughts and looked up to Giovanni DeLuca. He still kept his eyes on me and I saw his eyes travel to the ring in my hand. I quickly put it under the dress again.

"When I was 5 I lost my parents in a car accident. I then got taken into the russian mafia facility beeing trained as a assasin. We got trained in all sorts of things, seduction, kombat, wepons and web. I exelled in web which they made tracking my focus when I turned 12 because I was the best in the facility at it. Right before I turned 16 I got marked"