39. Push and pull

Jen POV

I woke up by the light blinding me and I felt warmth surround my body. The events of yesterday came back to me and I felt empty. Like something is missing. Looking to my side I see Nikolai sleeping soundly with an arm still wrapped around my waist.

Carefully and slowly I lift his arm to slip out of it. I got dressed and looked down at his sleeping form feeling a tug in my heart.
A old part of me wanted to stay but another part of me wanted to leave.

I can't stay here with all the trauma and pain that this place caused me. I leaned down and placed a small soft kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you for all the love. I wish you happiness. Moy korol'." (My king) I knew this was the last time I would call him that and probably the last time we will meet.

Taking of my necklace I put it on the bedside table and I quickly grabbed my things and ran out of the door down the stairs of his estate. I stopped in my tracks when I see Vladimir standing by the door with a phone to his ear. Feeling my heart hammer in my chest I took a step back in fear.

As soon as his eyes met mine he cut the call and took meancing steps towards me.

"Genniya." His voice was rough.

"I-"

"Boss just told me to drive you to the airport." He said in a firm tone.

My eyes widened at the information. Was he awake when I left?

"He-He's awake?" I stuttered.

"Da." (Yes)

"I see." Somehow I felt sad that I left him while thinking he was unknown about it.

"Poshli." (Let's go) he said and opened the door for me.

I nodded and walked out of the door towards the black tinted car infront of the estate. Before getting in I took one last look at the place I used to call home.

Getting into the passenger seat Vladimir took a seat and drove out of there.
Something felt wrong, incredibly wrong making me reluctant to leave.
Before the car could get outside the gates 5 more black cars stopped right infront of it and men in suits got out pointing guns at us.

I heard Vladimir made a "tsk" sound beside me and his arms flexed in anger. I was confused by what was going on when I look forward and my heart fluttered.

Stepping out of one of the cars was the italian god himself. He looked tired with ungroomed stubble. His jetblack hair fell everywhere in a messy way but still he looked handsome.

"Gen-" Before Vladimir could continue I opened the car door and rushed out.

The guns instantly pointed towards me and I stopped in my tracks. Were they going to shoot me?

"Fermare." (Stop) His rough voice sent chills down my spine.

He took a step forward and I quickly ran into his arms. He wrapped his arms around my body and I felt the missing piece fall into place.
I missed him. His touch, his smell and his voice.

Burying my face in his chest and breathing in his musky cologne I feel at peace, his hold around me tightened.
I looked up and my gaze met his hazel green orbs.

"Gattina. Missed me?" (Kitten) He joked with a grin.

I pushed my face into his chest again feeling my face redden.

"Si" (Yes) I mumbled knowing he heard me when his body stiffened at my response.

"Don Giovanni." Nikolai's clear voice was heard and I quickly turned around looking at him.