44. Sudden (bonus chapter)

Jen POV

1 year later

I made my way to his office with a tray of snacks. He have been working a lot lately and not eaten properly. The thought of not seeing him often nowadays made me frown.

My heels clicked on the marble floor as I took firm steps quickly.

I threw the door open revealing my fiancée at his desk and 3 other men sitting infront of him.
They all snapped their head towards me and two of the tree men pulled out their guns pointing them at me.

I stared at them blankly and walked to his desk beside him smashing the tray down the mahogney table making the three men look shocked. Their guns still pointed at me and I raised my eyebrow at them and diverted my attention to Giovanni who looked at the files infront of him bored.

"My love." I put my hand on his shoulder gripping and pushing my nails down while a fake smile made it to my face. "Are you going to ask your guests to put their guns down or are you already sick of having a fiancée?" Annoyance laced my tone.

He still didn't look at me but I saw the corner of his lips tugged in amusement.

I turned to the three men that narrowed their eyes at me as I stepped forwards.

"Do it." I spoke clearly and his eyes looked at me confused. "Shoot me. Do it."

I saw his eyes flicker from me to Giovanni. Unsure what to do.

"Enough." His rough voice boomed.

The men looked at the man sitting in betwren them to which he nods and they put their guns away.
Giovanni stood up and walked to me placing his hand on the small of my back and kissed my temple.

"Gentlemen, this is my Fiancée Jen." He introduced. "Mio amore. This is Santiago Ramirez son of Don Eduardo Ramirez, the Mexican mafia." Giovanni pointed at one of the men with familiar ocean blue eyes.

"Ah the infamous Jen that got Don Giovanni's undivided attention. Pleasure to meet you." Santiago politely took my hand and placed a small kiss on it.

A growl errupted from Giovanni as he pulled me back to his side smashed up to his rock hard chest. I smirked at his action.

"Undivided attention you say? I don't know about that." I teased as I gazed up at Giovanni seeing his jaw tick.

His hold on my waist tightened and I chuckled in amusement. I placed my hand on his chest rubbing circles with my thumb feeling the cotton fabric from his black shirt.

"Well I'm not going to disturb you any further and take my leave." I broke the silence my eyes still on Giovanni.

"Actually I wanted to ask for your help Gattina." (Kitten) After all this time he still haven't grown tired of his petname for me.

"Hmm? How can I help the mighty Don of Italy?"

A few chuckle came from the men behind me and I see Gio's eyes darken but it was quickly changed to amusement. He pulled me to his desk and sat down pulling me to sit on his lap.

"We have tried finding these people, do you think you can track them for us?" His question shocked me. He rarely let me in on any of his bussnies telling me that he got it handled.

Curious I unfolded the folder and looked at it's content. My eyes got stuck on the pictures of two familiar people I have seen once before.

"Why?" I ask my voice suddenly hoarse.

"It's actually for us." Santiago spoke. "It's family related bussnies"

"Why do you need to find them?" I asked again.

"We can't say, we just need to find them and it seems someone wiped their information and we can't break through the cryptics." He replied calmly.

"No." I said firmly looking back at Giovanni.

I saw surprise in his eyes at my words.

"Why?" He asked looking back at me. "Are you afraid you can not find them?"

I was quiet for a second thinking. Gio have never asked for my help before so this must be important. But why?

"No I can find them." I said confidently.

"Are you sure?" One of Santiago's men spoke up.

I raised my eyebrow at his question.

"Yes because I'm the one that sealed their information." I replied coldly feeling my hands start to sweat.

"What?! Why? Do you know them?" Giovanni spoke with a shocked look on his face.

"Tell me first why you need to find them?" I asked again.

Silence filled the room and I looked at Giovanni that looked at Santiago. That means Gio doesn't know either. I turn my attention to Santiago that was in deep thought.

"They..." He paused as if rethinking his decision to tell us. "They have stolen a family heirloom that makes us vulnurable to the mafia world."

The look in Santiago's eyes showed me he was hiding something else, something he don't want to speak of.

"Gattina. Tell me, how do you know them?" (Kitten) Giovanni took my hand in his and gently squeezed it reassuring.

"They're Mia's parents." I spoke quietly.

◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️

Follow Mia's story in " Her Saviour "
Mia's story will be slightly different from this story, a bit darker.

Some wondered about Nikolai and I'm sorry but Marco was spouting nonsense. Nikolai have let Jen go and I'm thinking of writing a book only for Nikolai in the future. I'm not sure.

Thank you for reading and PLEASE comment and VOTE!