29. Numb

As per request for another one!
Hope you like this one!

Jen POV

I open my eyes and stare up at the familiar ceeling, I feel myself laying on the familiar mattress, breathing the familiar air. Yet why do I feel so numb? My mind replays the incident like a broken record and all I can remember is the pain and fear in his eyes. I did that. I did what he did to me. Yet why do I not feel free or happy? I feel... nothing.

Laying there I hear knocking on the door followed by someone opening it. I don't bother looking when the sweet lavender smell hits my nostrils. I hear her gasp and run over and her eyes met mine, hers full of worry and mine... nothing. Why do I not feel anything.

"Jen! Jen! Can you hear me?!" She yells and shakes my shoulders.

"Mia." My voice hoarse and my throat feels like sandpaper.

She quickly got a glass of water letting me drink it all to soothe my throat.

"You've been sleeping for 3 days Jen! I was so worried! You weren't injured in any way."

"I see." I replied to her while looking her blank in the eyes. "Phone Mia."

She looked at me unsure and in hesitant moves she took out the untracable phone and handed it to me. "I'll- um I'll go outside."

She left and closed the door quietly.
I looked at the phone in my hand and while pressing the numbers my hand shook in fear.
I put the phone to my ear and nothing. It just beeped and nothing. No answer, turned off.

Is he dead? His phone is never turned off. Why is it turned off? My hands shook furiously and I felt my breath quicken and heart beat faster.
Before I could register what's happening the door pushed open revealing Alessa, Mia and none other than Don Giovanni. Looking at hinI expected to feel something but no. Still nothing.

"Oh Jen! You're awake!" Alessa ran and threw herself onto me. I put my hand on het back as she sobbed in relief.

"You're up." His voice was low and held a bit of worry.

I looked at him blankly and nodded. Everyone was quiet looking at me and I knew that look, the look of worry. I broke the silence by directing my attention on Giovanni.

"You had Angelo follow me."

"Si." (Yes) He replied without any emotions.

"Did you also order him to kill me?"

My question shocked him. "No Gattina. Ofcourse not." (Kitten)

"I see. Then how come it looked like he wanted to kill me if it weren't for HIM shielding me." I couldn't bear say his name. My voice still calm.

"We wanted to see how far he'd go for you."
I looked into his eyes and this time I saw nothing, his demanor was cold and held power. This is the Don I'm talking to.

"You used me as bait?!" I gritted through my teeth. "What if he wouldn't shield me? You would've killed me?!"

"I knew he would. I saw how he looked at you at The Gala."

My fists clenched on the sheets.
"Is he alive?" I looked away from him and looked out the windows.

"Maybe. Angelo only managed to shoot him on his side."

"I See." I relaxed hearing that. Looking back at Alessa and Giovanni i speak loud and clear.

"We're leaving. I'm done. I hurt him enough already." Mia stood behind them and nodded walking out of the room to hers to probably pack.

"Wh-what?" Alessa stuttered.

"You're not going anywhere." His voice cold and firm and I could see his jaw flex.

I took a look at him and took in all of his handsome features. He really is a God walking on earth, a God I shouldn't get acsociated with.
I gave Alessa a knowing look and she turned around and walked out of the room. I put my focus back on him.

"Remember what I have told you. I came here willingly and will leave whenever I want to." I replied tired of repeating myself.

Irritation showed on his face when he walked over to me and grabbed my jaw in a fierce grip.

"Is this because of that asshole? You still love him?!" He seethed in my face, his eyes no longer calm.

"Let go." I gritted out.

"You're mine!" He yelled in my face.

Gathering my strength I try to get his hand off my face but he tightened his grip making me flinch.

"I said LET GO! I hate you."

My face was whipped go the side when he slapped me. The metallic taste filled my mouth and I turned back to tell him off. Before I could I saw his hand raise and another one landed on my cheek harder this time. My head is pounding and I already know the pain on my cheek will soon turn blue.

He grabbed my neck as his face got so close that the tip of our noses are touching.

"You don't ever disrespect me! Do you fucking understand?! You're whatever I say you are!"

Anger boiled in me and when I didn't answer his grip on my neck got harder cutting off my air supply. I was gasping for air and hitting his hands.

"Do. You. Understand?!" He spoke louder this time.

I feared him, more than I ever feared Nikolai.
I nodded as an answer which he wasn't satisfied with.

"ANSWER ME?!" He roared making me flinch.

"Y-yes." I gasped out.

He threw me away and I landed back on the bed coughing and gasping for oxygen feeling dizzy. With blurry eyes I see him walk out of the room and slam the door shut.

What the fuck just happened?

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

How do you feel about what just happened?

Thank you for reading and PLEASE comment and VOTE!