19. Vulnerable

❕❕NEW POV❕❕

Mia POV

8 months ago

I've been in this cold cell for 2 days I think. I'm scared and hungry. There has been a huge man coming in here twice giving me food and leave. Sitting on the cold concrete floor I'm shaking, I miss Jen. I hope she's okay. No matter how much I scream or ask them to let me go. They don't.

I heard footsteps outside the door then a unlocking sound.

"Get her to talk" a low voice said.

"Yes Don." another cold voice spoke.

The door opened and closed with a thud and I crawled into a corner hugging my knees to my chest trying to make myself smaller.

"Come here!" The cold voice spoke and my tears fell from my cheeks.

I started crying uncontrollably scared.

"Plea-Please don't hurt me. Wh-what do y-you want with me?" I pleaded with a shaky voice.

Suddenly I was yanked by my arm in a steel grip and I wimpered because of the pain.

"I ask the questions here ragazza!" (Girl) he yelled in my face.

I squirmed in his hold and tears couldn't stop falling from my eyes.
The dimlit room made it hard to see through the tears in my eyes.

"What is Jen Summers real identity?" His question surprised me.

"I-I don't know what you m-mean. J-Jen is just J-Jen." I replied. So this is about Jen. I will keep her secret to my grave. She's the only person in my life that had treated me like I'm not worthless.

A sudden pain rushed through my cheek when I fell to the floor. Holding my pulsing cheek I continued to cry.
He went and grabbed my hair in his fist getting closer to my face. It felt as if my hair is beeing ripped out of my scalp.

"Don't lie puta! Who is she?!" (Whore)

I kept on sobbing hard, my body shaking like crazy and everything hurts.

"I-I don't know!" I screamed. Trying to hit him off me but the monster won't budge.

His grip shifted to my neck and he pushed me up against the wall so my feet couldn't touch the floor. A growl errupted from his throat and it made me scared. More scared than I I have ever been in my life

I've many times wanted to take my life when my parents threw me out, even when my
ex-boyfriend abused an raped me. I've never feared death untill now in this moment.

"P-please" I croaked out. His grip tightened and I felt the air in my lungs starting to leave my body. After a little while my stuggling body started to give up and went limp in his grip.
I closed my eyes and let darkness take me.

-

When I woke up someone was putting me in a car, I screamed franatically and hit my arns around.

"Ow! Calm down Mia! It's me!" I stopped my movements when I heard Alessas voice.
"I'll get Jen and get you out of here, wait for me" she quickly ran off.

I sat there for a while, then I saw Alessa come dragging Jen and put her in the car. Jen seened shaken up, something must've happened to her too.

We drove to the airport and took the plane back to Cali where Jen told me we should go separate ways to be safe. I didn't argue.

-

It's been 7 months since we escaped and every night I have nightmares from that night. I wake up every time gasping for air like I'm beeing chocked. I hardly remember his face now after 7 months.