21. The meeting

Giovanni POV

She sat infront of me, looking me straight in the eyes with her cold ones. Just a week ago she showed me a bit of her vulnerable side when I had her in my arms. Everytime I see her the menory of that day comes back. The hurt in her dark brown eyes when I just stood up and left. I couldn't do it. She might think she is cold and empty but that's the only piece of innocence she have left. I'm not going to be the one taining her soul with more darkness.

Having to distract myself with Alicia haven't worked well either, she's really annoying and thinking we're anything other than just fuck buddies when everytime we fuck my mind goes back to the brown haired goddess sitting infront of me at this moment. Something in my chest clenches when I see her looking at me with no emotions.

"In 2 days there's The Gala." I spoke and looked at everyone in the room.

"A gala?" Mia asked.

"THE Gala." Alessa corrected. "The Gala is for all Mafia and their family to attend. A day of peace where we meet and eat and dance. It's forbidden to hurt anyone or plan any evil intentions inside the Gala." Alessa explained.

"And you want us go go?" Jen asked.

"Si." (Yes). I replied.

She was quiety thinking about it and I see her hand go up fumbling with the ring on her necklace.

"Fine, but what's the purpose?" She asked.

"We're going to take Ivan Vasiliev. We want information about Nikolai's fathers whereabouts."

"He doesn't know." She said quickly.

Raising an eyebrow at her. "How do you know?"

"I told you I have information about the russians. I didn't get marked for fun. I was trusted to an extent." She looked me dead in the eyes.

"Do you know-"

"No I don't know. Nobody knows except Nikolai and his sister Mira. They have sent 50 guards to where Dimitri is and they rotate new guards every 6 months. Why would you want Dimitri for anyway? Nikolai is in charge now."

"Dimitri killed my father and little brother. I will take his death in the most painful way." The memory of the day my fathers and brothers body's got sent to us all smashed up flashed through my mind.

She didn't react to my information and only replied with "I see."

"Everyone in here will go to The Gala. Jen will acompany me, Marco acompany Alessa and Mia acompany Stephano. Angelo will ofcourse be there as my second in comand. Instead of Ivanov we'll try the sister Mira."

The meeting went smoothly and I always had an eye on Jen to see her reaction to everything we plan but she was expressionless.

"Dismissed." I waved them off.

Everyone started walking out leaving the room with Me, Angelo, Jen and Mia in complete silence.

"What happened to your hand?" Mia broke the silence with her whisper.

We all looked at her and I looked down to my hands. Nothing? I look up again and see her looking at Angelo's hand that was bandaged.
I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Angelo."

"Si Don?" (Yes) He replied roughly.

"What happened to you hand?"

He quickly put it behind his back.
"Nothing sir. It fell into a wall."

"IT fell into a wall?" What is this dumbfuck talking about? Is he loosing braincells?