00

Roxanne sat before her vanity mirror observing her silvery ringlets which fell on her forehead and softly caressed her plump cheeks, pearl like tears descended down her midnight black eyes as she kept gazing at her reflection. The only question in her mind was - 'What did Leah possess which she didn't?' and 'Why did her mate, her Alpha mate choose her best friend over her?' and 'Why did Leah betray her despite knowing that the person she was being mated to, was her soul mate?'

Sobs raked through her body, pain piercing her skin. She vividly remembers how she stood amongst the audience in the Mating ceremony, watching her mate mark her best friend and flaunting her to the entire pack; Leah, her best pal, her soul sister smirking at her cruelly before locking lips with her mate, her man whose fingers roamed and skimmed through her waist and settled on her bottom giving it a deliberate squeeze. She stood there, completely still. Her mind went numb as tears cascaded down her eyes forcing her to avert her gaze; Her brother stood next to her squeezing her shoulder in an attempt to calm her and soothe her pain but it didn't help at all. She felt as if someone was twisting a knife in her heart, forcing it to bleed open. 

Seth watched his sister sob her eyes out through her door, his heart clenched painfully as he watched her silently.

"Why did he choose her? We went out on dates, we mated, we made love under the stars.... He held my hands, his lips kissed mine, we did everything together....I am the Beta Female and yet, he chose her...?" Her sardonic tone vibrated in the air as she wrapped a finger around one of her curls and gazed at her reflection with her mouth gaped; Her eyes widened suddenly, as if she had an idea as she stood up and skipped to where her brother stood with pain and pity in his eyes. She smiled like a maniac and began crackling,

"My body didn't satisfy him, Seth! I finally understood! Leah has a slim body with a tiny waist and sharp features....I am just the plain old me...How can he? "She laughed bitterly, her tone was almost inhuman as she pointed towards her reflection in the mirror whilst laughing.

And then, she broke down. Her sobs grew louder and her wolf howled in agony, her mate was making love to Leah. Her stomach clenched painfully as she dropped down on the floor clutching her chest whilst Seth embraced her in his arms murmuring sweet nothing in her ear.

That day, nothing was heard in their house except for Roxanne's pained sniffles and sobs as her Mate ravished someone else, unbothered by the fact that he was losing the Moon Goddess' gift and disrespecting his mate, something for which he'd never be forgiven for.