CLASSICAL MUSLIMAH: 3

Gbazango, Abuja, Nigeria.
Monday 12th February, 2018.

Nana Asma'u graciously walked out of a not painted bungalow followed by her five siblings; Nana UmmuSalmah, Nana Saudah, Adam, Lut and Isah, respectively.

She grinned as she walked to where AbulKhair's car was parked. She turned to say bye to her siblings when she made eye contact with her mother. She quickly averted her gaze as she remembered her mother's words to her on her own birthday after seeing the gifts AbulKhair sent her.

She avoided her mother's heated piercing gaze and waved her siblings bye before entering the front seat of the car.

"Mashaa Allah la quwwatta illa billah. Fatabarakallahu ahsanal khaliqeen. A'udhubikalimatillahi tammah, min kulli shaydanin was hammah, wa kin kulli aynin lamma. You look takeaway as always Nana Asma'ul Husna." AbulKhair said forgetting all what he was told earlier about his parents making Nana Asma'u blush.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself." Nana Asma'u said and AbulKhair chuckled.

"Just admit it. I'm handsome." AbulKhair grinned.

"Not even close." Nana Asma'u said and AbulKhair shook his head.

"did you like the gifts?" AbulKhair glanced at her to see her expression.

"I loved, love and will forever love it, but i love you more. But how dis you know my signature perfumes?" Nana Asma'u questioned.

"promise you won't beat her." AbulKhair begged glancing at her to see her expression.

"Salma! I'm so killing that girl." Nana Asma'u said removing her black vivo phone which had a broken screen. The power button didn't work neither did the charging point. She could only switch it on by tapping the screen countless times. She never let it die because of lack of charge, if she did, she would have to take it to Saminu Likitan waya {phone doctor} to switch it on for her. And for that, she had to pay fifty naira.

You must be wondering why didn't she tell AbulKhair. Well, she didn't want to be a burden on him. He already did so much for her family. Her father, Ibrahim had passed on while her mother, Hansatu believed she was too old to work and that her children should get money for her.

"Nana Asma'ul Husna what happened to your phone? What about the one i gave you?" AbulKhair questioned albeit he knew the answer.

"nothing happened to it." Nana Asma'u muttered silently. She was lying and they both knew it. She just didn't want to say the truth. No matter what your mother does, respect her and keep her secret safe with you. Same goes for the father.

"Nana Asma'ul Husna i saw the iPhone x i gave you in your mother's hand. Why are you lying to me? You know that no matter what your mother does I'll bever judge her. I know what it feels like to feel embarrassed by family. I'm your fiancé, your husband to be In Shaa Allah. You know you can tell me anything." AbulKhair coaxed stopping at a red traffic stop.

"well actually, her phone spoilt so i gave her mine." Nana Asma'u lied again. AbulKhair knew she was lying but would let it slide. He knew that no matter what, she would never say what her mother was or did. That made him trust her the more, she was definitely a wife material.

"okay." AbulKhair said and continued driving.

He drove them to her uncle - Ayyuba - 's house. They entered the middle class family's living room and sat on the ground. Nana Asma'u stood up to call her uncle. Minutes after, she was back with her uncle towing after her.