Ch 54 - Crushing On Wanda 3

Peter had not given up. It was all failures in his life. Maybe he still could win her. It began as a beging after the first rejection. The team knew of the situation and didn't ask or dared bother both after the stunt that they pulled resulted in this.

Peter would flirt with Wanda and she would just sigh and always answer the same. "Peter please we've been over this. Stop bothering me. We are friends and can be nothing more". She repeated all the time. And Peter would beg her to give them a chance but she always refused.

Peter ruled in his mind ask a girl out 5 times and if she rejects all never bother her again and just become friends. A golden advice by May. It had been 3 times till now. And he was loosing hope. They had become friends while he still had a thing for her and she didn't feel the same way they still liked each other's company.

Peter decided to give it a month gap time this time. It was November so he'd use one life in December and the other in January. The two month might result in a beautiful friendship or an even beautiful couple or both.

December : Rejected

January : Peter had prepared well for the final confession. He had asked Wanda out to lunch and she had agreed not giving it much thought. It was a Sunday afternoon date. They walked together to a nice restaurant and ordered their food. Peter thought that he should do it now but chickened out thinking about the first rejection.

It was evening and they were walking through a park when Peter suddenly stopped and Wanda looked back at him. "Wanda I want to ask you something". Peter said.

Wanda hesitantly nodded half knowing what was coming. "I.. I... I love you" Peter blurted out. Even after 5 times he was still shy saying that. "I know I have said this may times and you think this is some joke but I really do love you". Peter said. "I really.." Peter was cut off by Wanda.

"Peter try to understand that I don't love you back. I never did and I never will. I love you as a friend please don't make it weird by asking me out like every other month". Wanda exasperated.

"I see". Peter said gaining composure. He knew that it was one sided but he hoped that she will love her back. "I will then stop trying to ask you out and loving you romantically completely. You love me as a friend right?" Peter said too calmly which at a point scared Wanda.

"Then I will love you back in the same way". Peter said. Wanda was taken aback by this. "Y.. Ye.. Yeah that's all I ask for". Wanda said and they took a silent walk to the Tower. Peter had school tomorrow so he left her at the entrance and she took the lift to the penthouse.

As soon as she came in Tony immediately asked. "So how did it go?" "Not well he asked me out again". Wanda said. "Well this was the 5th time right? Then he would have said that he will reciprocate your friendly feelings and shit right?" Tony said. "Language" Steve yelled from kitchen. "Yeah. How did you know?" Wanda asked.

"Everyone knows about Peter's golden 5 rule". Natasha said. "What?" Wanda asked. "Basically he'll give a girl 5 shots and if she rejects everytime then he moves on. No sweat, no hard feelings". Clint said. "O.. Oh". Wanda said. "Yeah you must be pretty happy now he will stop bugging you about going out". Bruce said. Wanda nodded.

But something felt wrong and she couldn't figure it out until it was too late.

~~~

The series name changes to Crushing On Peter from the next chapter.
If you know what I mean😏😏😉😉😈😈