Ch 73 - Intern Search 3

It had been a month and the results of the test had come. Tony had asked Pepper to deliver the results to Bruce and Tony.

Pepper walked into the room where they were laying on the couch. She handed them a stash of paper. "In order from top to bottom". She said. "So Peter came first?" Tony asked. "You see for yourself". Pepper replied.

Tony and Bruce went over the whole stash. Peter was one of the kids who got 0. A 0. "This can't be right. He answered every question that our interns couldn't and they were college level". Tony said. "I know and not even one mark for a kid who answered all is impossible". Bruce said.

"I can't do anything. This is his answer sheet". Pepper said. "No we go to the school tomorrow. You and me. Cause either he cheated in the competition or someone messed with the answer sheet. I don't like being fooled". Tony said.

Everyone knew that Tony was interested in the kid. "I'll adjust my schedule for tomorrow". Pepper said smiling.

The next day

Tony and Pepper walked into the school. They didn't even look at the receptionist and went into the Principal's office. He immediately got up from his seat seeing the power couple.

"Ah what brings you here Mr. Stark". Principal asked. "There seems to be an issue with the results that I went through personally". Tony said sitting down. "You see the Peter kid answered every question fair and square right?" Tony asked. Principal nodded.

"Well he got a 0 on the exam so either he cheated in the exam or someone messed with the results". Tony said. "I think you are exaggerating it. He does what he wants. He gets 0 on tests whenever he's too lazy to write. He sleeps during the tests and when he's about to fail he passes the next one full score". The Principal said.

Tony looked at him searching for any lying nervousness. "Is that so then would you mind if I have a chat with him?" Tony asked. "Not at all. It should be his Physics class but he might or might not be present". He said.

Tony walked out. He and Pepper walked towards the classroom as told by the Principal. They opened the door and scanned the class but didn't find Peter. Pepper sighed. "Nothing progressed. Let's go back." Pepper said and Tony sighed. They walked to the exit.

A speeding noise came from backwards and they saw Peter skateboarding while Flash ran beside him. He was laughing AT Flash's catching up attempts and didn't notice us. When he saw he immediately jumped over us and was about to crash in the car but pushed himself of it by doing a flip and falling on his butt.

The hall was filled with toilet paper that his skateboard had attached. Peter got up rubbing his butt. "You should watch your surroundings". Tony said. Peter looked at him and blushed rubbing the back of his neck. Flash came jogging up to him. "Man you alright?" He said out of breath.

"Why aren't you two in class?" Pepper asked. Flash was about to answer but turned to look at the woman. "Ah... He had a bet and I followed him out for this race". Flash stuttered out. "And don't you think missing out on classes will affect your grades?" Tony asked.

Flash patted Peter's back. "He'll tutor me before exams". He said. Peter nervously looked at me. "I hope I didn't hurt you." Peter said to Pepper. Pepper gave him a reassuring smile. "I was saved somehow". She said.

Peter immediately started apologising. "I'm so sorry Miss Potts I was laughing at his hideous attempts to outrun me and didn't notice you. I'm so sorry" Peter rambled. "It's alright" Pepper said chuckling at Peter's rambling.

Peter stretched out his hand. "I'm Peter Parker. Nice to meet you Miss Potts". Peter said. Pepper shook his hand. "What are you doing here Mr. Stark?" Peter asked picking up his skateboard. "Yeah so we came to ask about these results of yours". Tony said.

Peter have him his full attention. "Ah what about it?" Peter asked. "Well you scored 0 and didn't write anything". Tony said. "Yeah so?" Peter asked. "If you were smart enough to answer all 20 questions that day what happened in this test?" Tony asked.

"Ah Flash you go I'll join you in lunch". Peter said to Flash. Flash nodded and started going but like he remembered something he came to whisper something to Peter. But only slapped his butt and ran. Peter was in full mood to follow but stayed because of Tony and Pepper who were having trouble controlling their laughter.

"It's alright. I don't mind you laughing". Peter said. They burst out laughing. "Yeah so I didn't write your test. So what?" Peter said. "Why?" Pepper asked. Peter sighed. "It requires both parents signature and I live at an orphanage so what could I do?" Peter said.

"Oh". Tony said. He exchanged look with Pepper. "So if it didn't require that you would have put some effort in the test?". Tony said. "I mean it is effortless". Peter said. "So no problems from the caretaker at the orphanage?" Pepper asked. "Ah no Mrs. Harris would be happy to let me join the internship". Peter said.

"So you wanna take a retest of another question paper?" Tony asked. "Sure". Peter said. Tony opened the car and took out a sheet. "Here you go an hour I'm waiting". Tony said handing him the paper and pen.

Peter looked at the paper and scribbled something under a minute. "Glad to work with you". Peter said shaking Tony's hand. Tony looked at the paper and it REALLY was all right. "Yes since you got a perfect score. You'll be working as my personal Intern". Tony said.

Peter nodded. "When do I start?" Peter asked. "Tomorrow sounds good" Tony said. "Alright". Peter said. Tony and Pepper started getting in the car. "Miss Potts can I get an autograph?" He asked nervously. "Oh I have a fan too?" Pepper asked acting smug to Tony.

"Yeah me and MJ really admire you and she idolises you". Peter said nodding. Pepper signed his t-shirt and have him an autograph on paper for MJ. "So she idolises me?" She asked. Peter nodded. "And who do you idolises?" She asked. "Your husband". Peter said.

Pepper and Tony blushed. "I... I meant.. Your boyfriend? I idolise Mr. Stark". Peter said turning red from embarrassment. She nodded keeping her cool and got in the car. "Let's go shall we Mrs. Stark. Up for a ride with your husband?" Tony asked mimicking Peter.

Peter picked it up by his enhanced hearing and blushed. "See you tomorrow Peter". Tony said driving off. "Now for your payback for the slap on my butt in front of my idol Flash". Peter said cracking his knuckles.