foreword

This has got to be my favorite collection as of this moment of writing because it contains not one, but two of my strongest pieces. I loved those poems to my core and I have engaged in self-admiration countless times now.

But only in those two poems. The rest are...eh.

Either way, this collection deals with emotions as a whole, featuring stories that have regret, anger, sadness, and vengeance in them. This collection will surely be a ride as these contain my much recent poems, some are even written less than a year ago as of publishing time.

If you have been with me for long (I mean, if you are already around to read that trash collection I first published), you must have seen the growth in my poems as I have. I mean, I've come a long way across almost a hundred poems. 

Whispers From Lethe is not just a collection of poems. It is a collection of stories that you may or may not find yourself reflected in. I can't promise you that they are exquisite nor are they traditional but I can promise you that there are enough stories in them to help you reflect on life, love, and emotions, in general.

Why did I choose Lethe out of all the rivers of the underworld? Why not just Acheron or Cocytus, both of which are rivers dealing with sadness or woe?

The truth? I misconceived that Lethe is the river of woe and I'm too lazy to change the cover.

But, poetry-wise, Lethe is the river of forgetfulness. As humans, we deal with struggles all the time. We face challenges, we deal with emotions, and we act because of them as well, sometimes with negative results. Mistakes, regrets, and the notion of having taken the wrong path. We want to redo something from our life at some point.

We want to go back but we can't. What do we do next?

We forget.

We want to forget as a way to escape. We want to take a sip from that river and forget any of the stuff that happened to us actually happened. We want to drown in the illusion that as long as we are not consciously aware of some stuff then we can ignore them.

If you are offered a sip from this river, will you take it?

The choice is yours.

Ps

Ps. You're about to dive into the melancholic world that is my brain. Don't get too affected, though. Consider this as a warning. ;)