January 10, 1980

The Order assembled in Samael Grifford's large ballroom, seated in rows by their House; House Walker, with Clayton, Emily, and Jonathan. The empty seat beside Jonathan underscored the troubles of their House; House Blackwood in the row behind Walker, two seats for the row with only one occupant - the last survivor of the House - Donovan Blackwood. Donovan, whose wife Angela took his baby daughter, and fled the order to find her wicked delight in a fallen Angel. Donovan whose House would die when he did. House Carter filled the entire row behind Blackwood, dressed in black and gray, the somber looking family sat with grim expressions. House Hutchinson filled the row across from the Walkers, and as the Walkers were present without their young David, the Hutchinsons were absent Karen. Dressed in muted blue-gray, and ashen green, the Hutchinsons wore a bold red rope over their right arms to honor the fallen Nadjia Walker whose posthumous marriage into House Walker offered little solace to her bereaved widower, and grieving in-laws. House Carter stood behind their seats, noble - some would say arrogant - expressions on their faces. A family of politicians whose line was born from generations of farmers, whose ties in the American government included a peanut farmer that said beautiful things, but could not avoid leading his nation into recession, inflation, and an energy crisis.

The Order was hopeful that the actor from Illinois, and one time governor of California would replace the current administration for the nineteen-eighty-one election. With no disdain for House Carter, or the sitting President, both the country, and The Order needed change.

The second Houses filled the ballroom, taking their places to the left and right, and behind the too empty rows of the seated First Houses. Last, the armed branch of The Order filed in, descended of the Jesuit order of The Church. Theirs will strictly military Houses. While the son's and daughters of The Order Inquisition knew violence, the Zealots of The Order were seldom rivaled in combat prowess. Trained into arms mastery, the Zealots we're the first, and last line of defense in the war against heathen circles, and those infernal powers at home and abroad.

Standing at his podium with his brother Randall Grifford to his right, and his nephew Simeon Grifford the farthest most right.

Samael's voice echoed through the ballroom from his place at the podium. "The world is changing - has changed - and these radical changes happened all around us. They have been for a long time. As we clung to the traditions of our ancestors, these very old and outdated traditions, Coven have grown strong. These heathens attack us in our own territories, and fear nothing of consequence!"

The Zealots broke into raucous, arms lifted, yelling over one another.

"Justice for Divinae! Justice for House McCalleigh!"

"Justice for the slaughter at the Rowans! Justice!"

"...peace, Zealots. House McCalleigh, the tragedy at our lodge is not forgotten, and to Houses Mordha, Stiobhard, Conaghy, O'Niéll, and O'Dubhghaill, my regrets are with you, as is my remorse. I judged fairly Bishop, and your houses! None from your lines suffer the actions of your kind, and Bishop is stripped of his title!"

"...but not his wealth! Your honor, I am Shawn Stiobhard, the successor to my brother Walther! Where is the recompense for my line? What of his children who serve even now? Is the seven-seventy-seventh and we who make it up not worth the life of a traitor?"

Grifford raised his black gloved hands and called for silence, his voice carrying above the arguing, and shouting before it could gain a foothold. "Malcolm Bishop was an asset, and loyal to The Order - to a fault. I'll not have you impugn a man not found guilty! I'll not have you call blood for blood from our own ranks, that we hunt a man who fought in self defense!"

"He murdered!"

"Here's! Malcolm Bishop must answer for his crimes!"

Samael Grifford glanced down at his brother, and Randall's face was an expression of subdued fury. Randall stood, and Samael stepped down from the podium.