October 5, 1993

Gina stripped off the red and black cheerleader's uniform, changing quickly back into her denim jeans, and sleeveless black Nekromantix shirt. She pulled her hair back into a high ponytail, and fixed it in place with a black hair scrunchy. The others in the locker room ignored, or avoided her. Gina slipped her feet into a heavy pair of black leather boots, tightening the red shoe-laces tight as she could before tying them off.

"Hey Gina!"

Fucking great. Gina turned on her boot heel. "What is it, Brenna?"

Brenna's smile faded from her face. "Gina, are you coming to to Rick's party Friday?"

Gina rolled her eyes. "Alright, I'll bite. No, Brenna. I wasn't invited."

"...no, really. Aren't you coming?"

"No, really. I wasn't invited. I'm not going. This is getting tired, Brenna."

Brenna folded her arms across her chest, and made a face. "What is getting tired? I'm trying to invite you to Rick's party."

"Fine. I'll go."

"Pfffpt! You? Please. Dykes aren't welcome."

Gina smirked. "That take you all day to set that up?"

"You're less cooperative than you used to be."

"So are you."

Brenna's eyes went wide, and the rest of the cheer squad stopped mid changing to stare at the two. Brenna laughed. "You fucking wish, lesbo."

"What's the matter, Brenna? Still not feeling so fresh? They have products for that now."

"You'd know."

"Only because you were too embarrassed to buy it yourself."

"Bitch." Brenna faked a lunge.

"Please. I'd put you down before you took your first step, stupid."

Brenna huffed, glancing toward the rest of the cheer squad. "Maybe... but could you take us all?"

"Oh hell yes - wait - we're talking about fighting, right?" Gina feigned disappointment.

"You really get off on this, don't you?"

"Not yet, but keep it up. You're getting me there. Back down, before you fall down, Brenna. I don't wanna hurt you if I don't have to. None of you."

"Leave her alone. She's not worth it, Brenna."

"You're right, Cordelia. Let's get out of here, and leave the lesbian alone."

Brenna flipped her hair at Gina, and turned to leave. The rest of the squad, now dressed, followed Brenna out.

"I get it." There was a solitary voice left in the locker room, an unassuming girl with platinum hair, and pale skin.

"Get what, Amnesia?"

"I get it."

Gina sulked. "I doubt it."

"You'd be wrong. I understand completely. It hurts. It's the same for me."

"For you?"

"Yeah. Cordelia, and me. She's uh... well. She's not comfortable being a square peg in a room full of tight circles."

"Phrasing."

Amnesia laughed. "You're lucky. At least you're out."

"You think this is lucky? I lost my best friend. I lost all my friends."