Chapter 8- Into the Night

*Ryder's pov* *3:30 AM*

  I felt the cold wood floor under my feet as I headed for the kitchen. The light was on which meant Tony was already up. I walked in to find him at the table stairing off.

  "Hey, are you ok?" I asked and he looked at me and I could tell he had been crying.

  "Why did he have to do this to me?" Tony asked and I sat next to him.

  "Wait, did Ross break up with you?" I questioned.

  "No, Spencer just had to tell me about him and Zach. Then he made it sound like it was no big deal!" Tony said lifting the bottle from under the table taking a big swig of alcohol.

  "How long have you been drinking?" I asked taking the bottle from him.

  "Well, I never got to sleep and I came down here at about one. So it's been a couple of hours. For never drinking before I'm doing pretty good." I replied smiling.

  "What if Ross finds out?" I asked.

  "Did he tell you he was leaving me? Is that why you asked if he left me? Tony asked and I looked away.

  "I never said that." I replied.

  "You didn't have to. I'm so stupid, nobody will ever love me like Zach did! I'm just not good enough for anyone." Tony shouted and I covered his mouth so that he wouldn't wake anybody.

  "Keep it down everyone's in bed, and you're wrong Ross loves you with no strings attached. I've seen it several times he wants you to live happy." I said softly and he started to get up.

  "He's not the one who realized he's carrying a secret. I really like you Ryder. You are a good friend and you are very handsome." Tony said before walking into the hallway to the stairs.

  "Ryder, I can't get up the stairs." Tony said as I walked up next to him.

  "You don't need to go upstairs. You need to just lay down on the couch." I said and I lead him to the couch. I sat him down and he hugged me crying again.

  "I can't believe Ross was going to dump me. Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

  "I didn't want you doing anything you would regret later. And he had good intentions Tony." I said softly pulling the blanket over him and I sat on the floor next to him, taking in the words he had said about me.

  I really hope he doesn't remember any of this in the morning, I thought.

*Tony's pov* *next morning*

  I wake up on the couch and Ryder is on the floor next to me. How the heck did I get here? Why was Ryder down here with me? And where the hell is Ross? I laid there for a minute and then I went to the kitchen. Everything seemed fine as far as I could tell. Nothing was out of place here. I go back in and wake up Ryder.

  "What happened last night?" I asked and he sat up.

  "Well, first off you were drinking." Ryder responded.

   "I don't drink, Ryder." I said.

  "You did last night, I caught you and took it away. Then you told me that you liked me and that you have been carrying that with you." Ryder explained.

  "How drunk was I?" I asked nervously.

  "You didn't have a lot from what I could tell, but what you did drink got you drunk." He responded and Ross walked down the stairs.

  "Hey, where have you been all night?" Ross asked.

  "I was on the couch all night. I guess I never made it back to bed." I replied.

  "Did I miss something?" Ross asked.

  "Sort of, Tony had a little bit of alcohol last night. I took it from him when I saw he had it." Ryder said and Ross looked at me.

  "You don't drink. You never have in your life! What is going on with you?" Ross inquired and I turn to Ryder.

  "Why was I drinking?" I asked.

  "Spencer and Zach." He said looking down.

  "Woah, back up. What do you mean Spencer & Zach?" Ross said and looked confused.

  "Remember the journal entry?" I asked and he nodded.

  "It was Spencer?" He replied.

  "Yeah, he decided I had to know and I've been a bit upset about it. Mainly because Spencer is the kind of guy Zach chased after before meeting me." I said sitting back down wiping the tears away.

  "I'm so sorry babe. I didn't realize this was happening." Ross said sitting next to me.

  "It's not like it's even relevant anymore. Zach's gone and I'm with you now so it shouldn't bother me." I said laying my head on his shoulder.

  "I think I know how to get all these emotions out." Ryder said and headed upstairs to change.

  "I think we should get ready for school." Ross said and we got up and changed into clean clothes and headed to school.

..................................

Sorry for the filler chapter guys. I wasn't sure how to follow up the sectionals chapter so I took the story in a new direction. Also the next lesson is a tough one.