chapter 12-Fire and Fury

*Tony's pov*

Ross had left on the plane just hours before so he could be home for the holidays with his family. They still loved him even after he gave up the band and came to Lima. I already missed him, he was always around and since I told him everything I needed to I felt at peace with him.

"Hey, I have something for you! Ross gave me the idea because I couldn't think of anything." Ryder said coming in from the blizzard outside.

"Well, put it under the tree. My flight was cancelled so it looks like it's just the two of us seeing as your parents are in Mexico and Ross is in L.A." I replied and I dialed my moms number.

"Calling Ross?" Ryder asked and I shook my head.

"My family needs to know that I won't be there. Hey, Mom, uh...there's been a change of plans. My flight got cancelled due to the snow." I said.

"Alright just stay warm and come see us as soon as you can. But I need to get off here, I'm baking bread. I love you." She replied.

"I love you too mom." I said and I ended the call. I then text Ross.

Me: Hey I'm snowed in at Ryder's place.

Ross: Yeah, I got the alert all fights are cancelled until further notice out there.

Me: being stuck means Ryder won't be home alone on Christmas so it's not bad that I'm stuck. And I think I'm going to use that money you gave me to buy Christmas Dinner.

Ross: wait you cook?

Me: yes

Ross: I'm only teasing you babe. I'll text you in a bit I'm making Gingerbread Men. Love you!

Me: Love you too have fun!

I look over to see Ryder in tears. I pull him into my embrace and rub his back trying to soothe him. I can tell he wants to say something.

"Ryder, what's wrong?" I asked softly.

"My family hates me. It seems like my parents disappear on every major holiday and just leave me here by myself and I'm just tired of spending the holidays alone." Ryder sobbed and I lifted his chin so he was looking at me.

"You aren't alone and I'm going to make this the best christmas you have ever had! We are going all out and having and Outcast Christmas Party! I have already invited everyone from glee club." I exclaimed smiling.

"Really?" He asked and a glimmer of hope crossed his face.

"Yes really! Now let's go, I have things to buy because we need food for the party." I said texting Josh to have him meet us at the store.

"Got it, but first you need to stop smiling so much because I know you aren't texting Ross. And lock the door behind you." Ryder said and I staired at him as I locked the door and got into the car.

"It's not like that Ryder. Josh just reminds me of Zach." I replied and Ryder turned to me.

"That's not exactly a good thing, Tony. I know it's been a rough year for you, but there comes a time when you just need to let go. I hate to be the one to say this, but Josh shouldn't even be around you until you let go of Zach. It isn't good for you!" Ryder said and he pulled out of the driveway.

"Ryder, I've spent more than enough time pushing everyone away, I think it's time to embrace the people around me. I can promise you one thing though. Nothing will ever happen between Josh and I. I'm happy where I'm at with Ross." I said as I adjusted the seat.

"Well, that's nice but why are you telling me this?" Ryder asked as we pulled into the mall parking lot.

"This way you have someone special in your life Ryder." I said and Ryder looked at me then got out of the car and I followed. "Did I say something wrong?"