chapter 17- Night Changes

*Ryder's pov*

  I laid there awake thinking about Josh. I've barely slept at all. Tony and Ross have been helping me through this, I'm thankful that they are here for me I don't think I could do this alone. I rolled over and looked toward the door, I could hear Tony and Ross talking about something. I couldn't make it out but I could tell Ross was upset. Maybe they were talking about the kiss again, I don't think I could live with myself if I was the reason they broke up.

*Ross pov*

  "Tony, you need to just slow down! I get why you are focused on Ryder's well being, but you will eventually have to deal with this. He was your friend Tony, it's ok to fall apart. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere." I said and Tony sat down on the bed.

  "I don't want to deal with this because of the fact that if I do I'll end up a mess like last year. I don't want that! I can't do that right now." Tony said and I sat down with him.

  "It will happen even if you don't want it to. It's just better to let it happen now than weeks from now." I said and he laid his head on my shoulder.

  "I can almost promise you I know what our first week back at school will be like. With Mr. Schue doing a memorial week for Josh, I think it's safe to say we will all be dealing with it soon." Tony replied before walking out of the room.

*Tony's pov*

  I walked out of my room and into Ryder's room. I knew he wouldn't bug me about getting past this. I could see his eyes were open in the dim light and I climbed on the bed with him and he turned to look at me.

  "What's on your mind Ryder?" I asked as I got comfortable.

  "Did you and Ross just have a fight because of me kissing you?" Ryder asked and I smiled.

  "No, he's just worried about me and got a little irritated that I'm not trying to rush myself into grieving." I replied.

  "I'm just really thankful that you are here Tony. I couldn't do this without you." Ryder said and started to hug me.

  "It's not a problem, but you gotta control your lips. You need to realize I can't keep Ross from eventually getting mad. I just can't lose him Ryder, he's all I have left." I said and Ryder sat up and shook his head.

  "I don't know what else to do I just feel the need to be close to someone and you are the only person willing to be close to me." Ryder said and he teared up.

  "Ryder..." I held out my arms to him and he laid against me.

  "Why Josh? He was just coming to rehearsal!" Ryder sobbed as I rubbed his back.

  "One day you will understand. When Zach died I kept asking why Zach. Then I realized that as long as Zach was alive I couldn't see what was right in front of me all along. I wouldn't have gotten to be with Ross or be here to save the glee club." I said as I rubbed the back of his head. I felt him relax a bit when Ross knocked opening the door.

  "Hey." He said softly as he sat down.

  "Hey." I responded and he looked at Ryder.

  "Is he going to be ok? I need to talk to you. It's important." Ross said holding up his phone. I saw the name on the screen and I nodded.

  "Ryder, I'll be back in a minute ok?" I got up and Ryder nodded as we walked out and downstairs.

  "How the hell is that possible? He died in front of him." I spat and Ross showed me the texts.

  "I've been getting texts from his phone since you left the room I was told not to respond or it would screw up everything." Ross whispered and I looked up from the phone.