twenty-six

HIS INNOCENCE filled eyes ranked me silently. My feet were glued with my ground as I couldn't bring myself to take another step forward to harry.

I was scared of him. I was scared of his present incarnation. The blood was almost dried but I couldn't contradict the fact that the blood was still looking fresh. I wasn't even that curtailed when I saw Pearl's cracked head and mauled eye.

Harry was looking like a Psycho serial killer with blood all over his white shirt and face.

And I was scared of him shirtless.

The floral scent of our room turned out into evaporated frowsty ill-smelling which automatically reeled my stomach ups and downs. My respiration got cluttered as unbesought tears obfuscated my eyes.

What made him do such a cruel act to an impeccable creature which hasn't done anything to him. If I guess, Pearl never even looked at him.

The knot tightened in my lower stomach as my inside commenced to push everything upward. I ran towards the bathroom pressing my hands compactly on my mouth.

The second I reached the toilet I hurled my lunch and all snacks into it. I puked a few more times as I started to cry like a mess. What on earth I was crying I don't know,What was making me cry that much I don't know.

I only knew because of my unstable husband an innocent soul has gone from its body through an inexorable way from this world. I sploshed water on my face and gurgled a few times to get rid of the awful test from my mouth.

I walked out from the bathroom mentally getting ready to have a collision with my husband who might be still standing on his ground like an emotionless doll.

To my surprise he was sitting on the bed hanging his head low as I know he was looking at his blood printed hands.

You can do this Venessa, you need to be strong. You can ask him why he did that. He trusts you.

I said in my mind walking towards harry. When he realised my presence he shot his glossy and feared eyes at me then I cognised that he was crying.

My heart cleaved into thousands of pieces. My eyes were also filled with tears making me vulnerable.

"I didn't mean to kill it." He said as his voice was low and it almost waved into whispering.

The room fell into the deep curves of tacit. I stared at him and he stared back at me.

There was a crooked man and he walked a crooked mile

He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile.

I didn't realize the Zoetrope box of his was still playing.

The nursery rhymes blurted in the night frieze air sending a chill down to my spine. The clutter sounds of the Zoetrope box spinning constantly rambled making the situation more creepy.

I gulped down and sat beside him before stopping the crook man song, I looked at his body which made me gag again. I need to clean him first. I can't ask him anything when he was looking like a cold blood killer.

"You need to get a clean first baby then we can talk about it." I said running my hand over his back.

Harry nodded like a good boy.

I pulled out his bloody clothes from his body making him sit inside the bath tub. He was agitated as I could feel how much his body was tensed. I poured warm water on his body. While scrubbing body wash on his skin I tried to wash away the red adhesive stains which he got from blood.

I scrubbed his body dyad times satisfying my mind. I don't want a single drop of blood on his skin. It might sound like enormity to Pearl if I claim my husband as an untarnished but the truth is he doesn't understand the intervening space between good and bad.