sixty-two

THE STATION was changed by Harry. He played a smooth violin chorus by god knows whom. The diamond-like expensive dimple smile was still dancing on his beautiful heart shaped lips as he hummed with the rhythm of the chorus, drumming his ring clad fingers on his steering wheel. I looked away instantly from the sight of my husband but anyone would love to stare at him when he was playing the role of one the most beautiful men in this world.

But I couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand the mesmerising view of my husband when the cause of his heavenly sight was someone's accident. I can't just claim that my husband was the one who has done that. It could be something else but my inner strings were saying it was him.

If he is doing this then, for what he was taking that cruel revenge from Jericho?

What has he done to Harry?

What Jericho wanted which was Harry's?

I know nothing about their relationship. All I know is that, Jericho is a business partner and they aren't close.

"Wife?" My chest tightened when his deep voice called me by the nickname.

"Yes." I answered pretending to be composed when I am a mess inside, slowly dying and getting suffocated by his presence.

"What happened?" His low tone inquired.

"Nothing." I lied as unwanted tears were stinging my eyes.

"I think I told you I don't like it when people lie to me. Especially you." He  gruffly said as if he was angry but the soft touch of teasing was presented there.

I gulped down breathing heavily. I don't want to look at him. He will know that something was bothering me. Every time something like that happens, we end up arguing.

"Who you were talking to earlier?" I inquired, congregating all courage from every corner of my senses while praying not to make my husband a guilty person.

He sent me a glance with the mixture of perplexed countenance.

"What do you mean?" He said lowly frowning.

"Who tried to take something that was yours?"

Stop playing a goddamn detective Venessa.

You are going to provoke your husband.

Ask him, clear your suspicious motion.

What if he is the reason for Jericho's accident? Styles are fucked up. It's not the first thing they might have done.

Think about Oliver.

I closed my eyes tightly, shaking my thoughts when those sentences echoed in my head, messing with my thoughts like a riddle. I was scared, scared to know that my husband played that wicked and grievous act to someone.

"Venessa?" I snapped out from my thoughts again by Harry's booming voice. I blinked rapidly and turned my eyes on him, feeling like a caught up witness of a crime.

"I am sorry, what you said?" I said in a rush, justifying myself.

"How much have you heard?" He asked, immediately my stomach scrolled when I noticed his clenched jaw and hard glares on the road.

"From, it has to be done sooner or later. He has it coming." I blurted out attaining a brief glance from him.

He stayed silent for a few seconds then said.

"One of the shit faces tried to sell our information to another company so, we took some action against him." He nonchalantly narrated taking a turn to the left. But I wasn't convinced. My stomach was tightened up as my mind was filled with horrible possibilities of Harry being the reason for Nowell's condition.