forty-one

"SO YOU are my wife?"

What?

The first thing that I reminisce about just now was when he used to call me wife. I found that cute and warm when he called me by that nickname. It always has affected me in so many ways. Him calling me wife is something unexplainable. I used to wait to hear that from him every day. But right now it was hurled at me like a curse.

Now it sounds ironic and more like a joke.

Only if he knew how much it was making me feel right now.

What should my answer be?

Should I answer him or stay mute?

The circumstance is already nerve wracking as Harry's acute gazes were making it more strenuous for me to stay normal. I cannot turn aside his long term staring system as it was making me want to vanish in air. I blinked rapidly being lost for words. I wanted to say something but the way I was conflicting with my will as if I intentionally gave my tongue to the cat.

"Didn't know you couldn't talk." He threw his mockery words at my way while drawing a devilish smile on his lips.

The more he was talking the more it was leaving me speechless. I was stunned to my death. I watched him with my wide eyes as he slowly started to claim his steps at my way. And I certainly saw him checking me out from my head to toe. An arcan intuition was dancing on his face as erri smirk of his lips wasn't ready to leave his face any time soon.

"I don't know what to say." I finally avouched swallowing hard as my eyes were calculating his every step.

Right now for some reason I was scared.

The moment I slipped my confession through my mouth he stopped abruptly dragging his dimple smile wider as he raised one of his eyebrows showing that how much fun he was having while acting that way to me.

"See, that wasn't hard to speak?" His every single word was full of jeering.

"Please take a seat, I don't want a beautiful woman like you to stand like this." His deep tone spoke tenderly almost giving a sensation of smooth butter as he prolonged his hand at the way where his expensive furniture was placed.

I almost fainted when he called me beautiful. I don't know what he really meant by that but that fucking seems like as if he was endeavoring to seduce me. I nodded my head like a good girl and commenced to walk and soon took a seat and also felt a bit of water down. Soon Harry also took a seat across me as I examined that staring at him shamelessly.

A few minutes has gone just being silent and me fiddling with my fingers clearly showing off my nervousness. Across from me Harry was staring at me without even blinking and it was sweating me as hell. Under my eyelashes I peeked at him only to find out that he was tightening his sharp jaw as his dark hooded stare was kept on me.

Stop playing game, Harry.

I whined in my head feeling hectic and I knew nothing is more precarious than pin drop taciturn.

"Are we going to sit like this?" I don't know how I managed to say that sentence but when Harry heard he hadn't displayed any specific conservatism just the odd but sexy smile of his cherry red lips got wider.

"I was waiting for you to say something." Harry conceded chuckling shorty while showing his deep dimples as at the end he beveled his head a bit while scanning my face. Some things never change. Harry used to look at me that way whenever he used to trying to understand me and I know what exactly he is doing right now.

I stared at his amusing face while breathing heavily as he was still staring at me with a challenge in his beautiful emerald green eyes.

"What if I want you to say something?" I retorted him keeping a solid face.