forty-four

FLORENCE COULD say how much pavid I was parading in my eyes. My lips parted slightly as I again sealed my opened mouth gulping down to my glacial throat. My heart was rapidly beating rushing all blood in my veins like some race car as it was making everything woozy for me to comprehend the straightway.

I never knew if Shelley had a daughter or I should say it wasn't any of my business to melt my nose to know information about maids of The Styles Mansion. But somehow right now I want to know everything about these people. The urge to dig out information about this whole Styles and their relative people was driving me nuts.

I don't think It's only me who is inquisitive to know but I think anyone would do the same as me if someone put them in my place. As far as I have come to know and as far as these several months have been seen, I really don't think this place is a normal place to me anymore. Who knows what else is buried here?

I am sure a lot of things have occurred here. As they say, 'truth has its own way to come out'. Precisely around me is what is happening. One by one a new mystery is getting unveiled and people are dying for some unknown reason. It's like something big is gonna lay bare soon and everyone is unheeded about that. 

"Shelley had a daughter?" I exclaimed at Florence making sure that I haven't heard her wrong.

"Yes, Mrs. Styles. She used to work under the same roof as us." She stated clearly not showing a bit of a hitch in her tone.

So, Serci was a maid too as her mother.

"How did she die?" I quickly asked for cascading my interest before her.

Florence looked a bit unsettled by my inquiry, casting her eyes away from me. The pale face of her shows nothing but regret.

"She......" She dragged the word uneasily whitening her knuckles while griping her skirt fabric.

"Are you ok Florence?" I asked, making sure I'm not making her uncomfortable with my unknown but I can't help it.

"She jumped from the balcony." The moment I heard her, my ears commenced ringing, blocking everything around me.

"Why?" I asked her with my shaky tone pretending to be strong but inside my stomach tightened up spinning my head.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Styles but I don't know the reason." Florence state, looking at the ground as I could clearly sense how tense she was.

I blinked rapidly roaming my eyes on nothing particular around me.

"You can go." I ordered her as she hasn't wasted another second to rush on her feet. But abruptly she stopped on her tracks and looked at my way before saying something implausible.

"I have a request Mrs. Styles." She said with tender with the mixture of pleading in her voice.

I nodded indicating her to speak again.

"Please don't tell anyone that I told you about Serci." Her blue eyes stared at mine apprehending hope for me to grant her wish.

Without a second thought I answered her while bringing a small smile on her lips.

"Don't worry. It will be our secret." I promised her with my words making her leave me on my own, pondering about what she just asked me to do.

I bite down on my lip deeply getting lost in my thoughts. Serci jumped from the balcony but why?

What did Harry do to her?

What precisely he said to her which ended up turning into bad news for Styles?

It was clear in Harry's tone that he wasn't pleased when Henson brought up Serci topic. Loath was sipping vividly from Harry's angry tone when he warned his brother.