fifty-six

REQUIEM LACRIMOSA

By Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Yeah, that's what was playing. The music band flowed the strings with the power of their fingers while waving the ears soothing music in the thick night. Harry kept his hand prolonged waiting for me to hold. The sound of people encouraging the scene hit my eardrums, raising the temperature of suffocation around me.

I gulped the residual champagne down to my throat, wetting my glacial tissues. My heart was desperately hammering as blood was plumbing through my veins.

With a smile I gingerly put my hand in his, standing on my heels. The whole space that people invented for us in the middle of the hall, we slowly walked towards the way. Harry put his hand around my waist, tugging my body against his with a wicked smile on his lips as I put my free hand on his shoulder, preparing for the next action.

All eyes were on us, the burning of their gazes weren't any compared to Harry's. It was more powerful. The space between us wasn't existing, our eyes were locked and my heart commenced its rollercoaster ride driving my anxiety at a high pace.

With a slow pace we started to move and I was carefully breathing under his sharp gazes which seems like never gonna give a break. Soon some couple joined the atmosphere but all I could see was our existence.

"Are you having fun here?" Harry spoke with a soft tone tilted a bit as he makes a round with my body again pulling me closer to his warm body.

I am having anxiety issues. Husband not fun.

"Hmm." I hummed and blush spread throughout my face when he gave me a sly smile.

"So, you think your husband is handsome?" Mischief laced in his deep husky voice and I know he was having fun.

I gulped staring at his wild green eyes and somehow I lost my voice.

"What happened? I asked you a question wife." Harry demanded outpouring his killer smile, increasing the trembling motion of my knees.

"Yes, he is." I wanted to draw an end line in this conversation.

"Awww, say it with a full sentence baby. I like getting compliments from you." He pressed with the same subtle and cagey simper.

I blinked rapidly and deep down I know he wasn't going to give up on this matter. There is no way Harry doesn't know he is handsome as hell. The way he carries his posture and glorifying manner, it's crystal clear that he always has a pep talk in his bathroom while smirking at his reflection in the mirror while saying that to himself he is handsome.

No one can deny that.

And he is aware of how much I am fond of him despite his psycho demeanor.

It's his confidence and it's his power.

"I am hurt." He admitted feigning fake hurting.

I stared at his act like an infant but I couldn't help cause a faint smile spread on my lips making Harry smile more.

"You are looking Handsome as always." I finally let go of the sentence, for which he was dying to herken.

"Henson too right?" A venomous tone said shrouding his playful glee was also dropping my head instantly. My smile vanished when I realized Harry was still hanging with the same incident that happened earlier and now I was regretting being an ideal sister-in-law to Henson.

My mind subconsciously took me somewhere where I don't want to be. The day Henson and I almost kissed was one of the most horrible days of my life. My breath hitched in my throat only thinking if somehow Harry would get acquainted with the matter. If someone tells him that his brother and wife almost kissed when he was lying on hospital bed batting between coma and death.